xvii. all

There was already morning. I had planned to go meet Ofelia and Walker last night but since Troy and his guy's were out there, I decided it was too risky, so after taking Luciana to the border I went home.

I wake up with the sound of someone knocking on the door and it could only be or Jeremiah, or one of the Clarks, since everyone else knew well enough that waking me up was not a so good idea.

"Hey." Nick tells me as I open the door.

"What the hell do you want? It 6 am." I look at the the clock as I yawn.

"Was it you?"

"W-What?"

"The paper. Saying to meet you." He explains and I finally get what he was talking about, taking a deep breath. "Did you took her to where she wanted to go?"

"I took the girl to the border, she had water and food. If she's smart, she'll live." I say as I get away from the door leaving it open for him to get in.

"Maybe it's better this way." He says and I nod unaware of what to answer.

"Maybe it is." I look away as I open the windows of the small house.

"Hey." He gently grabs my arm and I turn to him.

I look at his eyes only to look away.

"Your girlfriend just left. Can you not?" I say as I feel him getting closer to me and I look between his eyes and lips.

"We weren't..." he says but doesn't finishes his sentence.

"You sure looked like it. The scene when she arrived..."

"I would do the same for you." He says and in a matter of seconds his lips meet mine.

He wasn't like Troy. It doesn't feel as if it was just lust with Nick. It feels as if the world around us has stopped. I miss him, so much that words can't describe it.

"I'm-I'm with Troy, I can't-" I push him away.

"Do you love him?" He asks and I keep silence. "Do you love me?"

Oh fuck this.

I kiss him again, grabbing his face, making sure I remembered it. His hands all over me as he walks back towards the bed and lays on top of me. Never breaking the kiss.

***

"They're back!" I hear someone screaming as I laid my head on Nick chest.

"Fuck." I say as I get up. "Get dressed and get the hell out of here." I try to dress up as quick as possible and run out of the house.

As I look at gate I see a bunch of people walking and I run towards them.

"Troy!" I say as everyone runs towards their loved ones and Nick to his mother.

I feel like shit. Me and Nick had just been together and now I'm running towards my boyfriend.

"Hey! What happened to you? Are you okay?" I grab his face as I look at him from up to down, and notice that he's barefoot.

"I'm fine." He nods as he places a hand on my waist and I hug him.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"We should talk private. Where's my father?" He asks pushing me slightly away and looking at his father who had just arrived.

"What the hell happened?"

"Talk private? Did I hear that right?" Some guy ask.

"Coop, Mike, inside. Let's debrief." Jeremiah orders.