xviii. orders

I was helping Troy keeping control of who got into the storage. There were a lot of people since everyone was afraid of Walker.

"C-Can you help me take that?" A thirteen-year-old ask me.

"Why do you need it?" I ask the kid.

"My grandpa can't get down the stairs." The kid says and I look to check and see a man nodding at me.

Troy nods me telling me to do what the kid asks and I do.

I walk towards the shelf the kid wants to reach and see a can of tomato and give it to him.

"Here," I say.

"T-Thank you." He says and I walk away noticing Nick and Troy talking in a not friendly way. "Hey!" he calls me again.

"What?"

"It's for you." He gives me a piece of paper with a draw of a boat and something else I could not figure out what it is.

"It's amazing," I say without a bit of emotion in my tone. "Now take the can, and get out." I stat and push him to walk in front of me and out of the storage.

"Luciana- she- oh... take off?" Troy asks and Nick gets all defensive making me jealous.

"Do me a favor. Say her name again." Nick threatens and Troy scoffs.

"Easy there partner. I get that she has a good ass but have you seen Katherine. I wouldn't even want to say your girl's name." Troy says back liking his lips and Nick got even more defensive.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking about hun?!"

"The girl I fuck." He keeps teasing Nick but I get in between before that turns into something more.

"Yey." I put my hand on Troy's chest making him step away and give Nick a smirk.

"Whoa, Dax, Dax, what are you doing?" He asks Dax who's caring a bunch of stuff.

"Don't start Troy."

"No, this is not a good time to cut back, Mrs. Daley."

"Feels like the best time." They say. "I have sacrificed too much. Not gonna wait for them to finish off my entire family."

As she says this I can help but smirk, feeling that we will win. They're scared.

"They'll pay. They'll pay for what they did. Now, Dax put the flour back." Troy orders.

"I'm sorry, Troy. We've just been thinking-"

"Thinking? Thinking? Thinking about stealing our shit and hauling ass?" Troy's about to snap when I put my hand on his shoulder and Nick notices my change of attitude.

"This is what we put in. Following the rules here."

"Oh, the rules. Right, the rules. Well, the rules are here for the members of our community. You leave, you're not a member." Troy keeps saying.

"Take it up with your father. We spoke this morning." They say and Troy nods letting them pass as he walks away, leaving me with Nick.

"What the hell was that?" I snap at Nick as I notice that no one was there. "Don't you dare to do that again! I don't regret what happened but he can't know." I say and Nick nods.

"What are you up to?" He asks with a smirk.

"what?"

"I noticed your face when they said they wanted to leave."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Nick." I look away.

"You do..." He searches my eyes. "Yesterday my mother said she lied for you. That you knew something about their people," he says and I keep silent. "What side are you in?"