xxviii. jealousy

Alicia looks at Al like a lunatic and she puts her weapon down, behind followed by John and Morgan. Luciana looks at me, and I scoff.

"I'm not putting my weapon down, you fucking assholes, so stop looking at me like that." I snap at them and Luciana comes to take my weapon but I push her away.

As I do this, Victor and Nick have their guns pointed at me.

"Put it down, Kat." Nick mutters and my heart sunk. I never thought I would hear my name coming from his mouth again.

I keep my posture and unload my gun, throwing it to the floor.

"Better?"

Alicia takes a rope and starts tying Al up, Victor goes to tie John, Nick ties Morgan and Luciana goes to tie me but I push her away.

"Do I look like a dog to you?" I smile at her, "You're not tying me up."

"You're..." Luciana starts saying but doesn't finish her sentence. She looks at Nick and he walks towards us, taking the rope from Luciana's hands.

"Get the fuck away from me." I try to push him away when he starts to tie me up, but I can't. "Fuck off, Nick!" I keep struggling and he grabs my arms pushing my back towards his chest.

"Stop." He orders and I push his head away from my neck.

Nick takes me to Al's side and I kneel like the rest of us. My hands tied behind my back.

"We're not who you think we are." Morgan says as Nick goes through John's bag.

"Hey. Help yourself." John smiles at Nick when he finds his candy.

Nick looks at him almost confused and goes back to the bag.

"You're more of an asshole since we tried to kill ourselves, I guessed it worked since-" I start saying but then I notice that someone's missing.

Maddie's not here.

They all look down.

"I'm sorry." I swallow hard.

"Shut up, Katherine." Alicia breathes out and for the first time, I complain.

Nick starts to open Al's bag and she gets up.

"Let that one be!" She begs desperately and Alicia grabs her. "Let that one be." She keeps struggling.

"Nick." I call but he ignores me and grabs the camera either way.

"You're with them." Luciana shows up from the inside of the van, bringing the tissue with her.

We all looked confused, especially when Nick looks at me almost disgusted.

"With who?" Al asks already trying to get a story.

"The Vultures." Victor points the gun at Al's head.

"The what?" I look at him confused.

"We don't know what you're talking about. Maybe if you assholes put your guns down we could help each other. Who put that flag up? What did they do to you?" Al asks.

"Why don't you answer our questions?!" Alicia snaps. "That flag isn't yours?"

Al nods in deny and Alicia looks at Nick nodding.

"Okay, show us where you found it." Alicia grabs Al taking her to the van.

Nick takes Morgan, John goes on his own, and I struggle to get up.

"A little help here?" I look at Strand, who finally helps me, taking a deep breath as if tiered of me.

"Come on, you love me." I hit him with my elbow.