ix. fights

I was laying at Nick's side but he hadn't said a word to me since... well... you know...

"You okay?" I ask quietly, looking at him and he looks back at me with disapproving eyes and looks away again. "I'm sorry okay?"

"You're not." He says not looking at me.

"You're damn right I'm not. It was a stupid decision."

"A stupid decision that could save a kid." He looks at me and gets up.

"A stupid decision that could kill us. A stupid decision that almost did." I get up too.

"Oh, yeah. You're the one to talk about that." He says sarcastically.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?"

"You can't shut up when should." He spits out

"Excuse me?" I look at him confused

"Why do you tease someone who's trying to kill you?!"

"Oh, so that's what this is about?" I snap back at him noticing why he's acting like this.

"And then you say that I'm the one with the death wish." He half-screams gestures his hands putting them on his chest.

"Because you keep doing things that will eventually get you killed-"

"You're trying to get yourself killed since we got here." he points at me lowering his voice noticing that everyone's asleep.

"That's bullshit!" I say a little louder "You're trying to get yourself killed since we meet."

"I'm sorry about that. How many time do I have to say it for you to get it into your head?!" He gestures to his head and half-screams again.

"Fuck you, Nick." I spit "I went trough fucking hell because of you and you come to me with that shit!"

"Then why don't you leave me? If I fucked you up so bad like you like so much to shove into my face, why don't you leave?" He snaps and I scoff. "You keep saying that I hurted you. I know I did! I fucking know it, I don't need you remembering me of it every five minutes."

"What world do you live in?"

"You keep fucking up. Time after time, and I just deal with it, because you said it yourself, you went through hell because of me. But can't you fucking apologize once in your life?!" He says.

"Sorry! Is that what you want to hear?!"

"You're unbelievable." He muters giving me an almost disgust look.

"Sorry. I'm sorry! I'm sorry I'm that bad. I'm sorry." I say still with my jaw clenched and he looks at me from up to down and walks out of the room with the disgust look in his face still.

As he does that I sit on the bed with my head on my hands thinking about all the shit I said. I fucked up. I really did this time.

***

"Alicia don't-" I hear Nick saying.

"Kat!" Alicia calls and I leave the room.

"The one and only." I force a smile on my face.

"The boat's stuck. Travis's fixing it. We found some suitcases. While he's doing it we're gonna look for supplies. You're coming?" She asks.

"Yup." I say as I grab the bat I had kept from before and walk towards them.

I look at Nick and he looks back at me, but quickly looks away and clentches his jaw. After the fight he didn't come back to the bed. It felt weird, sleeping alone. I love him. And I'm pretty sure I will never stop doing it.