Chapter 1 : Adam Banks is not my man

"Indiana Gaffney scores! Indiana brings the Team USA Ducks to a brilliant victory against Iceland, with her counterpart Julie Gaffney stopping Iceland's star player Gunnar Stahl to win it in the last round of the shootout. Can you believe it?" Indiana watched as Adam began to skate the American flag across the rink, waving it proudly. Indiana was surrounded by her teammates, all smiling widely as their friends and family joined them on the ice. It was a night that most people dreamt of.

"Indiana," A voice nearby began calling, taking the girl out of her fog. Indiana opened her eyes to her sister standing above her bed, lightly shaking the girl awake. Indiana struggled to blink, looking at her sister, confused. "It's nine o'clock, Indiana. We have to leave for the airport in an hour," informed Julie. Indiana instantly sprung to her feet, as today was the day that she would finally see Adam again. Today was the day where the two could finally finish off where they started at the Junior Goodwill Games.

The past few months of summer went by in a blur. Most of their time had once again been spent at hockey rinks, trying to improve so they could play at the highschool level. Demonstrating maturation and stamina at the high school level was an important attribute for scouts, and the two girls would need to get noticed if they wanted to go to any type of college and continue their careers. Plus, Julie knew her competition this time-- Goldberg, of all people, wouldn't be training as much as she would be, if at all. Julie was fully prepared to show Gordon Bombay why he should make her the starting goalie for the Eden Hall Warriors. There was absolutely no way that Goldberg would be able to keep up at the next level.

Indiana also practiced hockey over the summer, making sure to work on her hands as well as keeping her precision up. Indiana took some of the drills that Adam had shown her and used them, making them into her own drills. The twin girls felt as if they were ready to compete with their friends once again-- or at least, most of their friends. Jesse and Indiana still hadn't gotten along by the end of the Goodwill Games, and she hadn't expected this to change unless Jesse got his spot back. The boy was too selfish and problematic, unwilling to listen to the opinions of others.

On the other hand, Indiana was excited to see a few of the Ducks. She maintained contact with Connie, who filled her in on any extra details of her and her boyfriend, Guy. She also informed Indiana on how she was keeping a rolling tally of when Adam had said he missed the girl. Charlie and Indiana hadn't kept in contact, but Indiana didn't take it personally. Charlie, like most, had tons on his plate and she knew once they were back together they would go back to how they were before they had left each other. And then there was Adam-- sweet, sweet Adam. He made sure to call almost every night or whenever he could in order to wish her goodnight. The two talked about their days, about every adventure they went on, and took every moment to learn more and more about each other. Indiana felt the two get closer despite being long distance, and secretly hoped that they would become official as soon as they got to school. The girl was amazed at the fact that Adam was still so interested in her or her whereabouts after so long-- she wasn't used to being someone's main priority.

Julie, on the other hand, had been taunting her sister about her and Bank's relationship for weeks. She pretended to be tired of hearing the two converse, and mocked Indiana for talking about him so much. The truth was that Julie was so happy to see her sister smiling more often. Despite Indiana being treated differently by her parents, Indiana would always be Adam's first priority.

Indiana quickly changed into leggings and a sweatshirt-- Adam's sweatshirt. She ignored the knowing look that Julie was giving her and zipped up her luggage, pushing it out into the hallway. "This is so exciting! I can't wait to see everyone!"

Julie agreed with her sister, "Yeah, I'm sure you can't wait to see a certain blonde."

Indiana laughed at her sister's comment, "Did Charlie dye his hair?" Indiana grabbed Julie's luggage along with her own, dragging it out into the hallway and out the front door. She opened the trunk of her parent's car, placing each suitcase in, then slamming the door shut.