Chapter 17 : The End

The rest of the year ended with the junior varsity team winning the remaining few games they had left. With new captains Charlie Conway and Indiana Gaffney at the helm along with the returning addition of Adam Banks, their team was unstoppable. The Eden Hall varsity team had failed to beat the Bears, losing the state championship for the first time in ten years. Their confidence had taken a severe beating after losing to the junior varsity team, and it showed throughout their playoffs and into the finals. It was an unfortunate moment for the school, but the Duck's couldn't have been happier.

Speaking of the Ducks, Eden Hall unveiled its new mascot after removing the warrior statue out front. Most of the school was excited or indifferent about the change, but Charlie Conway was especially happy. Not only had his new girlfriend, Linda, succeeded in her crusade to remove the quote "demeaning warrior name," but he had also returned a special part of his childhood into his life. After peewee hockey, the Duck's logo had been rarely used despite a few occasional appearances. Despite being red and white, Charlie couldn't have been happier with the change.

After the loss to both the junior varsity team and the Blake Bears, Coach Wilson decided to take his coaching talents to a local junior team, removing himself from the former varsity dynasty. Coach Orion took the helm, bringing up his entire junior varsity team to join the few remaining members of the varsity squad. With Cole and Rick graduating that year along with ten other players, the remaining members had no problems with letting the Duck's onto their team.

There was, however, a goalie controversy on the varsity team. Scooter being only a junior left himself with another year of competition. Him and Julie began dating a few weeks after the junior varsity-varsity showdown, not even thinking about the potential of them becoming competitors. When Scooter's senior season came around, Orion played Scooter more than Julie, which definitely caused a bit of strain in their relationship. However, the two made it through and were able to lead the Duck's to their first state championship since the Wilson era, creating the Duck Dynasty.

Adam and Indiana continued to date throughout the years, hockey bringing them even closer as they continued to share winning moments together. Three state championships later, the Ducks graduated together in 2001. Of all the Ducks, Indiana and Julie had been the only two to play division one hockey right out of high school Indiana and Julie had both been redshirted their freshman year at the University of Minnesota, allowing for them to have an extra year of eligibility with the women's team. Adam, however, had decided to play an extra year of junior hockey in Minnesota to increase his prospects before heading off to the University of Minnesota as well.

Despite a few bumps in the road, including a torn ACL her freshman year, Indiana and Adam had continued their long-lasting relationship throughout college. At the University of Minnesota, they had both won two respective championships for their teams, Adam winning versus Maine in 2002 and New Hampshire in 2003. Indiana and Julie won twice against Harvard in 2004 and 2005. In her fifth year, Indiana received her master's in Biology following her bachelor's in biomedical sciences. Adam focused his career in business, breaking the lawyer pattern in his family.

Following her fifth year, Indiana's ACL began to wear out, causing her to hang up the skates for a while. Instead, she focused on finding a job in the hospital working in the microbiology wing. In her off time, she worked on helping Adam get scouted. With the NHL draft being in a few weeks, she didn't want Adam to not be prepared.

Adam Banks had become a serious hockey prospect. NHL broadcasts had him going in the first round, but they all had different ideas of at what point in the round he would go. With the likes of Jonathan Toews and Erik Johnson among some other big college and junior hockey names, Adam had known he wasn't going to be selected too high. However, he didn't care-- he just wanted his dream to come true.