Chapter 6 : Horrid Brownies

After keeping Adam awake to talk about their current relationship status, the two fell asleep rarely quickly, Adam sleeping softly with a smile playing on his lips. When they woke up, the two barely spoke to each other, just enjoying the moment they got to spend purely alone before they had to get up and go back to participating in school all over again. When Indiana's alarm finally went off, the two decided to walk to their first classes of the day together, holding hands officially for the first time. When they entered school, nobody besides the Duck's had noticed the recent change of relationship status, as everyone at school had already automatically assumed that the two hockey players were together. The day went by relatively fast leading up to lunch time. The Duck's all walked together to an empty table, separating as Averman and Goldberg went to buy food along with a few of the other Ducks. Indiana and Charlie hadn't spoken since his outburst towards Adam. Indiana and Adam knew that interaction was completely unlike Charlie, who simply chose the first person he saw to lash out on.

Adam and Indiana sat at the table first, sitting across from each other. Indiana had been helping Adam with one of the math problems from the class that they just had, as the teacher was cut off by the bell and unable to finish demonstrating the solution. Right when they finished, a group of jocks dawning red sports jackets stood over them.

"Banks, you're with us," stated Rick, tapping Adam on the shoulder.

"I'm good," Adam shook his shoulder to remove the contact between the two hockey players.

"Team rules, Banks. Varsity sits over there," Cole motioned over to a table where most of the varsity players were sitting and eating. Indiana looked up, watching as Julie and Connie hovered behind, watching the scene taking place in front of them.

Adam looked over at Indiana, "I'll be fine, Adam. Go," she motioned for him to leave. Adam sighed heavily, pushing himself up from his seat and following the varsity players to a nearby table. Before sitting, Adam looked over at his girlfriend once again, who gave him a soft, reassuring smile. Julie and Connie walked over to the table, surrounding Indiana.

"What just happened?" Julie asked her sister.

"Team rules says varsity sits with varsity," huffed Indiana.

"Sorry, Indiana," apologized Connie. Indiana shrugged in response.

"Speak of the devil, I never heard Adam leave last night. Anything you might want to add?" Julie asked Indiana. Julie's bedroom, unfortunately, was right next to the door.

"We fell asleep watching tv. It was no big deal," Indiana shrugged.

"You're trying to tell me that Adam Banks stayed the night, and nothing happened?" Connie asked. Indiana furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding what that could have meant. Connie had known Adam for much longer than Indiana had.

"Nope, we just slept and talked. Adam's not like that-- I don't think," Indiana looked up at Connie and Julie for reassurance, getting head nods from the both of them.

"I wouldn't make this a habit, Indiana," warned Julie.

Indiana sighed, "it was a one time thing, I didn't even mean for it to happen. Plus, something good did come out of it." Connie smiled as she noticed Indiana's cheeks turn red.

"What happened?" Squealed Connie, leaning forward on the table resting her head on the palms of her hands.

"He asked me out, like officially," stated Indiana, turning to look for Adam. Her smile faded as she watched him sit at a table he clearly felt like he didn't belong to, as he was isolated from any conversation that was occurring.

"No way! You and Adam are finally official?" Connie asked, Julie smiling at her sister.

Indiana took her eyes away from Adam and turned back to her friends, "We are." The group continued their gossip until Averman, Goldberg, Luis, and a few others sat back down at the table. Indiana's eyes shot up as she saw Charlie, Russ, and Fulton walk into the lunch room. Their eyes were directed to the varsity table. Indiana immediately thought Charlie might be upset with Adam for sitting there, but it seemed as if a new situation was developing-- Kenny was once again being tormented by the varsity team. Indiana instantly stood up, walking over to her teammates who stood watching the event take place. Charlie, having noticed the anger in Indiana's eyes, grabbed her by the shoulders.