Chapter 15 - Reinstated

Indiana and Adam had slept surprisingly peacefully that night-- perhaps due to them being in each other's arms throughout. As soon as the two woke up, the first thought on their minds turned to the hearing today, where their hockey careers at Eden Hall-- and potentially altering their relationship. Despite their grogginess, the couple dressed up in business formal clothing, Adam in a full suit and Indiana in a knee-length dress.

Despite the drama that came from Eden Hall with being on both JV and Varsity hockey teams along with new roommates slash potential boyfriend stealers, Indiana had grown to like the school. She found her classes interesting and she felt like she was finally finding her way around. She was also still the top scorer on her team, which had been beginning to get her noticed on the local hockey scene.

"You guys ready?" Connie called to the two of them from outside their door.

"Yeah, we're coming!" Indiana replied as she walked towards the door. Adam reached for her arm, twirling her back towards his chest.

"Hey," Adam began, his eyes staring into hers. "Whatever happens, we do it together, right?"

Indiana slowly began to smile as she nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling their lips together for a short second. "Together," she repeated. Adam and Indiana rushed out the door to see Connie and Julie waiting for them, both visibly stressed.

"We're going to be fine," Indiana stated. "Charlie says he has it covered."

"We're going home," Connie deadpanned at the mention of Charlie. Despite the intense weight pressing down on the teammates, they all shared a short laugh. The group stepped out of the dorm doors and walked down the stairs, heading to the hearing.

"Riley and Buckley can both shove it," Indiana stated. "Riley's only motivation is that his kid couldn't make the team."

Julie nodded, "Oh, yeah. I totally forgot about that."

"So what? We're supposed to sit quietly at this thing while they berate us?" Indiana asked the group.

"Yup," Adam explained. "Coming from a family of lawyers-- never speak unless spoken to."

"Yeah, I'm not exactly good at that," Indiana stated.

Julie chuckled, "Nope, no you're not." They all halted in front of the doors leading to the room where their fates would be decided. Julie and Connie intertwined arms while Indiana held out her hand towards Adam. Grinning up at her, the boy grabbed her outreached hand and squeezed tightly. They joined the other junior varsity players, all coming together for potentially the last time.

"Man, I'm not ready for this," Dwayne stated, looking around wide-eyed. The high strung alumni group along with various adults in power positions began taking their seats along the rectangular table. Indiana looked up as she heard the double doors squeak open, revealing the varsity hockey team. They all stood across from the junior varsity team on the opposite side of the table. Almost every player wore the same smug smirk besides Scooter, who sent a small wave at his waist towards Julie, Indiana, and Adam. As soon as Indiana noticed Rick make eye contact with her, the girl tightened her grip on Adam's hand and smirked at the boy, who immediately looked away.

Buckley walked in, explaining the procedure to all involved. He then went over what the board was voting on, explaining that it was the removal of the newest student's scholarships. Everyone on the board nodded, clearly in the dean's pocket.

"Do I have a motion for reconsideration?" Riley asked. The board looked amongst themselves, mumbling. Each member of the junior varsity team shook their heads in disbelief. "I'm sorry, Coach, but unless there is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand." Rick Riley smirked to his friend next to him, whispering in his ear. Indiana narrowed her eyes at him.