Chapter 8 : Who Took My Clothes?

Indiana and Adam watched as the Bears team celebrated their historic comeback as the junior varsity team stared at the ice in embarrassment. After each junior varsity player shook hands with their opponent, they began skating off the ice and walking towards the locker room.

"I'll catch you later?" Indiana asked Adam, who nodded his head. The girl smiled up at him, leaving a soft kiss on his cheek before running off to the locker room, not wanting to be late. Indiana was the first to sit down in the room, the others following soon after, in clear distress and frustration.

An angry Charlie burst through the door, throwing his helmet and stick to the side of the room, "The guy hooked me, all right?" Indiana rolled her eyes-- it was a selfish play that could have easily been avoided, and even Charlie had to know that.

In a surprising turn, Ken spoke up, "We didn't need any more goals."

"Hey, listen, I was trying to win it!" Screamed Charlie in Ken's face, causing him to back away with wide eyes.

"Well, mission unaccomplished, Charlie." Averman spoke up as well, clearly upset with their former captain's antics. Charlie got in Averman's face, the boy shaking his head and walking away from the potential altercation.

"We let down, simple as that," remarked Guy.

Connie hit him lightly in the chest with her helmet, "Hey, you let down. I played hard."

"Well, what are we playing for anyway? Some stupid school, the alumni? I mean, Warriors? What the hell are we now?" Asked Charlie, taking off his jersey and throwing it to the ground.

"C'mon Charlie, this isn't Duck hockey anymore. We are here on a scholarship to play for their team, what don't you understand?" Indiana stood her ground, walking up to the boy.

"Maybe if you could have taken a check and not acted like a total girl, we could have won the game!" Said Charlie. Indiana's mouth widened in complete shock.

Indiana began to laugh, "Oh so it's my fault we lost? How about you actually listen to the coach and stop being a selfish prick!"

Charlie just rolled his eyes, "Go cry to your traitor varsity boyfriend."

Indiana pushed past him, her shoulder hitting his and causing him to be pushed back a bit, "Don't you dare talk about Adam. Not now, not ever." Charlie opened his mouth to respond, before someone else already spoke.

"Look, man. We're on scholarship. I'm staying," Stated Russ, the rest of the group muttering in agreement. The only one who had an honest problem with all of this, for whatever reason, was Charlie.

"Fine, sell-out," Charlie muttered.

"Man, who you calling a sell-out, punk!" Russ took a more physical approach, pushing Charlie first before Charlie pushed him back. The group yelled for the two to stop, even Indiana stepping in between to help Connie and the rest of the JV squad separate the fighting teammates.

The door swung open to reveal a disappointed, but not surprised Coach Orion. "How long does it take to score a goal?" He asked, playing with a puck in his hand. Orion wound up, causing the group to duck. A puck was thrown past the team, hitting the cork board which had held their tryout positions previously. "Less than a second! That means no lead is safe if you can't play defense. Now get this straight. I don't give a damn how many goals you score. I want one number on your mind: zero, as in shutout. You got that? Practice, tomorrow morning, Got to get up early if you want to hunt goose eggs." After his monologue, Coach Orion walked out and slammed the door shut, the room becoming completely silent.

The faint sound of running water soon filled the room that Indiana hadn't noticed before.

"Hey, who took my clothes?" Guy asked, looking back and forth. There was a mad scramble of players running back to their individual lockers to see if their clothes were also missing-- they were. Indiana followed the sound of the water to the bathroom, watching as the water poured down onto her teammates clothes.