Chapter 12 : Jealousy, Jealousy

"Who is it?" Indiana asked, somewhat freaked out about someone new living in their dorm room. The girls just shared a look at each other. "Julie, Connie. Just tell me."

Connie sighed, watching as Indiana simply stared into her eyes, "Okay, okay. It's Caroline Wilson."

Indiana furrowed her eyebrows, "Who the hell is Caroline Wilson?"

"She's a cheerleader, best friends with Mindy," continued Connie.

"And?" Indiana dragged out, still not quite understanding why she wouldn't like this Caroline girl, whom she had never heard of.

"Well, the varsity cheerleaders all get paired with the varsity hockey players. Caroline has Adam," Julie stated. "Meaning that he has to take her as his date to parties if he wants to go. The pairs almost always end up hooking up in one way or another."

"Yeah, maybe if your name is Rick Riley. Adam's not like that," Indiana stated.

"Every man is like that, Indie," Julie began. "Like father like son."

"Whatever happened between Adam's mother and father is none of our business. Adam is nothing like his father," Indiana stated, her face becoming red as she became more flustered. "I have to go to bed; we have a big game tomorrow. I'll deal with this in the morning." Indiana spun on her heels before walking to her room. The girl glanced at the once empty room before shaking her head at the idea of another person living there. While Indiana didn't want to believe what her sister had said, she had to acknowledge the rumor of Adam's parents, and wonder if the boy himself had learned anything from it. However, Adam had never done anything to make Indiana question her trust towards the boy, and that had to count for something. The girl shook her thoughts about Adam from her mind and refocused on the game that would be taking place right after school.

The next day, Charlie gathered the junior varsity team together at lunch. "Today's the day," He said, unwrapping his sandwich and lifting it towards his mouth. "Time to show them that they aren't hot shit after all."

Indiana sighed, leaning on her right hand as she closed her eyes for a moment. The girl had gotten little to no sleep as they had gotten in late last night along with getting up early for school this morning. The girl glanced over to the varsity table, where she noticed the brown haired boy approaching, carrying his lunch. The boy sat down across from Scooter, who offered him a soft smile. As if he had felt her eyes on him, the boy turned to look for Indiana, and felt his heart lunge when he saw her looking back. Remembering the events of the night before, the boy instantly looked down at his food, avoiding her eyes. The girl continued to watch as a group of cheerleaders walked over to the hockey table, each girl walking towards their respective boy.

"You'll know which one she is now," Connie whispered to Indiana as she leaned towards her.

Indiana rolled her eyes, "Can't wait." Indiana kept her eyes glued to the hockey table, watching as two blonde cheerleaders stood at the head of the table, one whispering into the other's ear while the other giggled. Indiana rolled her eyes at their behavior, only to watch as the second girl made her way over to Adam and began to talk to him. The girl began to smile, becoming overly confident as she let out an unnecessarily dramatic laugh. Indiana's eyes widened as the girl placed her hand on Adam's shoulder, causing him to look around nervously before recollecting himself. The girl trailed her hand down his shoulder as she sat down next to him. Indiana began to stand up, feeling as if the girl was getting a bit too comfortable.

"Down girl," stated Connie, who pushed both of Indiana's shoulders down, causing her to sit back down. Eventually, most of the Ducks had figured out what was happening over at the varsity table.