Glaring Daggers

I'm very excited about this chapter! It's the one we've all been waiting for!

Rapunzel gently placed a bouquet of Cassandra's favourite flowers, red roses, into her shopping basket, before handing the florist some coins.

"She'll love these," The Princess beamed.

Madeline smiled back at her, and the two continued walking through the busy streets.

Despite only knowing Rapunzel a few weeks, she had already formed a bond with her. She was very sweet and kind, like Cassandra, but she was much more open and cheery, always seeing the bright side in every situation, despite everything she'd been through and was still going through.
Madeline respected her for that. It wasn't easy to be like that.

"Oh! She'll love this as well!" The Princess squealed, plucking a wooden owl off a market stall.

"How about this to put it in?" Madeline asked, picking up a green paper bag.

"It's perfect!"

Dmitry barked in approval.

Harold took a deep breath, and dragged a brush through his hair.

His hands were slippery with sweat, causing him to nearly drop the darn thing.

He felt sick, his chest felt tight, and his legs were trembling.

He was desperate to see his little girl, but he had no idea what state she would be in and a part of him was dreading to find out.

He knew that about a week ago, she'd kicked her specialist nurse over, and she'd been sedated because of it. But apparently, she had been getting slightly better since then.

He hoped it would stay that way.

"Are you sure it looks ok?"

"It looks lovely, sweetheart."

Cassandra smiled but didn't look very convinced.

She looked at herself in the mirror again and ran a hand through her too-long hair. She really didn't like it. It didn't suit her at all, even if the medical staff said it looked "gorgeous!". She couldn't wait to cut it back to its usual length.

Today it had been washed and styled, so that it flowed down her back like a curly waterfall. She had been dressed in a smart but comfortable, brown tunic. Today was the day. Today she was finally going to reunite with everyone.

She knew that there was definitely going to be a lot of tears, she knew that it might be quite hard going and overwhelming, but she also knew that it was going to be exciting and relieving, to be back in the arms of people she loved. There were so many emotions flying around her brain, making her rather hyper and anxious.

"Cassandra, stop that."

Pauline's voice was as sharp as a knife.

Cassandra immediately stopped twisting a strand of hair around her finger, and sat up straight.

Betty simply sighed and turned her attention to Cassandra.

"Are you excited?" She asked.

"Yes! B-but slightly stressed too."

"That's understandable. It's been a while since you've interacted with anyone, other than us, but I'm sure you'll do great," Betty grinned.

Cassandra nodded, hugging her knees.

"Cassandra, sit properly!" Pauline scolded.

Cassandra did as she was told, laying her legs uncomfortably flat against the mattress.