The Room

This is basically a fic set after the events of Plus Est En Vous, where Fredric has a really cruel punishment for Cassandra, much to Rapunzel and the former Captain's protests.

Long story short- I've basically made Fredric more hatable 😂😂😂

Cassandra was sitting on a wooden chair in the castle's intimidation room, her cheeks were damp with tears, her stomach was tangled in complicated knots and her body was shaking all over.

She didn't know what was going to happen to her.

She could be imprisoned.....no, banished......or even, executed. It frightened her, but she knew that she deserved everything she had coming to her. She had done terrible, terrible things and needed a punishment.

"I can't describe how truly sorry I am, your Majesty. I was despicable, my actions were awful and you don't have to forgive me, I don't think I'd be able to forgive me, either."

"That won't cut it!" Fredric yelled, "you put as all in danger! You could've got us killed! You teamed up with a demon! Don't you understand how serious this is, you stupid girl?!"

Cassandra didn't know what to say. She couldn't meet the King's eyes, absolutely ashamed.

Everything was all her fault.

Yes, she had been manipulated by an evil demon, who she let get into her head and mess around with it. True, she didn't know that she was a demon for a long time, she just assumed that she was some kind of spirit, who was trying to help her, but she had still listened to her and hurt so many in the process, including her own family and friends.

"Until we think of a harsh enough punishment for you, " the King boomed, catching her attention, "you are to stay in solitary confinement, in one of the trial rooms, near the dungeons. You are to not speak to anyone, is that understood?"

"Yes, Your Majesty," Cassandra practically whispered, her head low.

"Come on, then." Stan instructed, gesturing for her to stand. He took her right arm, Pete took her left and lead out of the room.

Pete opened a wooden door, that lead to a dark cupboard-like room, with a small bed and a chamber pot inside it.

"In here," Stan said, sternly.

Cassandra walked in, clutching herself to protect her skin from the chilly drafts.

The door closed and then she heard the sound of the key turning in the lock, leaving her alone.

There wasn't even a window. It was totally dark, save for the few pinpricks from underneath the door.

She perched herself on the edge of the bed, tucking her knees into her chest. She felt like crying again, despite her banging headache and sore eyes.

She had no idea what was in store for her.

She would just have to wait and see.

The night had been long and difficult. She kept getting awoken by nightmares. Some about what she'd done, some about Zhan-Tiri and some about what was going to happen to her.

She had screamed, cried and even hyperventilated at one point, but the guards outside her door, either hadn't noticed or didn't care. She assumed the latter.

Her ears pricked up, when a key jingled in the lock.

The door swung open and a guard walked in with a tray of food and a cup of water.