Leave me alone

Just a quick note before we begin- I am making a TTS fan comic about Cassandra's daughter! I kinda got the idea after watching The Little Mermaid 2, for the first time in ages and it developed from there. Anyway, enough of me rambling and on with the chapter 😂-

The first thing Cassandra heard after waking from yet another syrem-induced sleep, was a familiar, sinister voice.

"You poor thing!"

Cassandra immediately tensed, trying to sit up, forgetting the tough bindings, pinning her to the bed. She peered around in the pitch black, spying for the little demon.

"I'm sorry this has happened to you, Cassandra." She heard from behind her.

The young woman craned her neck as much as she could, but couldn't see anything, yet she swore she could hear the demon giggling to herself.

"You're gone!" She called, "you can't hurt me anymore!"'

"I will never be gone! I will always be here, Cassandra."

"Leave me alone!" Cassandra screamed, yanking on her ropes and chains.

"You don't need to be scared of me, Cassandra, I'm your friend, remember?"

"You're not my friend! You never were! Shut up and leave me alone!"

But the voice refused, echoing around the room, calling her name, over and over again.

"Help! Someone help me!" Cassandra yelled, struggling with all her might against her binds, "help!"

"I can help you, Cassandra! You just need to trust me!" The demon hissed.

"Guards!" She tried calling, "help me!"

Suddenly Zhan Tiri's bright-purple eyes came into view, as did her grinning mouth.

"No one will help you now, Cassandra! You belong to me!"

"Help! Please someone, anyone, help me!"

It was at that moment that the door swung open, and Zhan Tiri disappeared into the murky gloom.

"What's wrong?" Wilson, the same guard who kept dosing her up with sleep tonic, asked, hovering in the door way, "another pair of eyes?"

His tone was cocky, sarcastic and cruel. He clearly thought she had a screw or two loose.

"Z-Z-Zhan Tiri! She-she-was here!" Cassandra stuttered, starting to cry.

"Of course she was," Wilson smirked.

He stuffed a rag into Cassandra's mouth, to block out her cries, before leaving the room again.

Cassandra froze as she began to see dancing shapes, travelling up and down, in the darkness. Then she heard the voice again.

"You poor thing."

She didn't hear the voice again, but she kept seeing the shapes. They were colourful and bright, but they did not substitute for the light she craved.

The next day of darkness came and went, and then another, then another, then another and then another.

"Your trial is approaching," James hissed, when he came in, purely to taunt her, "I hope you're looking forward to spending the rest of your pathetic, useless, little life in here. In the dark, all alone."

He gave her a sneer, spat on her, and then left with a small chuckle.

The door shut and the key turned. It was then when Cassandra heard that voice again.

"Don't be upset, dear, if you would just let me help you, then everything will be alright."

"Please, leave me alone." Cassandra silently begged, "please."

Poor Cass, her hallucinations are getting so much worse! I have one more of these little chapters, before the big chapter! Yay!

Also, again, thank you all so, so, so, so much for all the love and support this story has! I really appreciate it!!