The Voice

TRIGGER WARNING- NEEDLES

I am so sorry, I haven't put this warning up sooner! As someone who has a major phobia of them, I should've thought this through and I am so sorry that I didn't before.

Harold marched into his former office, his face, a beetroot red with frustration.

"You!" He yelled, slamming his fist down onto the desk, "you're responsible for this, I know you are!"

James looked up at him. He was startled, for a moment, but then, his face twisted into a sneer.

"Mr Gonzalez, what a pleasant surprise," he said, leaning back in the red, velvet chair, resting his filthy shoes on the workspace, "what can I do for you?"

"You know, perfectly well, what you can do for me!" The older man growled, "you can find my daughter and bring her back!"

"Why it my fault, your "daugnter" has run away?"

Harold leaned in closer to James, his teeth gritted. "What reasons do I have to believe that it isn't your fault?" He snapped, "you tried to cut out her tounge..."

"Do you know why I did that, Harold?" James interrupted, with a smirk, " because, witches can't cast spells, without their tounges, can they?"

The former captain shook with rage, his blood pumping with ire.

"What did you just say?!" He spat.

"Your "daughter" is a witch, isn't she? That's what everyone else in this place calls her."

"My daughter is not a witch!" Harold bellowed, "how dare you say that about my girl!"

"I'm not saying it about your girl," James leered, "because she isn't your girl, is she?"

"Shut up."

"She's the daughter of the woman who stole the princess, why would you want to be assosiated with that?" James continued.

"I said, shut up!"

"You should be thanking me for getting rid of her, saving your reput-"

Within a second, the desk flipped, sending papers and stationary flying. James jumped out the way, just in time and backed into a corner.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, WITH MY DAUGHTER?!" Harold roared, grabbing James by the neck.

"C-c-calm d-down Mr Gon-Gonzalez!"

"NO, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!"

Harold curled his fingers into a fist, and positioned them, in front of James' face.

"I AM GOING TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAID, OR DONE TO CASSANDRA, UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!"

James yelped, as the older man swung for his eye.

But nothing happened.

James fell from the man's grip and crumpled to the floor, watching as his attacker was seized by four guards.

"Get off me!" Harold yelled, his voice slightly hoarse.

"Mr Gonzalez, you are under arrest for assulting a captain and vandalism of castle property," Ruben said, almost reluctantly.

"No! You didn't hear what he said! He's played a part in Cassandra's disappearence, it's written all over his smug face!" Harold argued, pulling against the men, "when I find out what you've done with her, I will make you pay!"

"That's enough, Mr Gonzalez!" Ruben yelled, as the men hauled him from the room.

The office door slammed shut.