Rithermide

Here's the new version of this chapter. It's shorter, but it works better that way, with the next chapter, which I'll be uploading tonight, as well! 😁

"He's done something to my little girl, he admitted it himself!"

Pete flinched, as the former captain, lurched forward and gripped the bars of his cell, like a gorilla in a cage.

"I'm sorry, Harold, but we've questioned the captain and he denies your claims."

"But he's a lying rotter! He's lying through his teeth, why are you all so blind?!"

Pete sighed, unsure of what to say.

"Oh, I know why, because he's His Majesty's little golden boy! He can do no wrong, apparently!"

"Mr Gonzalez, please, keep it down." Pete groaned.

Harold snarled, but did as Pete ordered. It wasn't his fault, it was James' fault. He just needed to make everyone see it.

The overnight stay in the isolation room had been downright awful.

Cassandra had been locked in, in the dark, all by herself. She couldn't cope and had screamed until her throat and lungs throbbed.

When the morning light shone through the narrow window, she calmed down, but it wasn't enough to stop the barge medic, who kept telling her to "shhh", from taking "further measures".

"Now, this won't hurt," he said, almost mockingly, "they're just small pills."

Cassandra turned her head away, memories of the horrible sleep tonic, flooding back.

"Please, I don't want-"

The medic chucked and shook his head.

"It's not about what you want, it's about what you need."

"I don't need them!" Cassandra argued.

The medic tutted, as if he was dealing with a small child, rather than an adult woman.

"You do, my dear. You need them to fix whatever is going on up there."

"There's nothing going on up there! I'm not crazy!"

The medic sighed, as the woman tucked her knees into her chest, not planning on budging, anytime soon.

"Fine," he said, "you obviously want to do this the hard way."

Cassandra's eyes shifted, a little, when he said that, but she refused to move.

The medic made a gesture towards the guards, who had been assigned to her, and within a moment, one of them had grabbed her by the arms, while the other, pinched her nose closed.

The medic grinned and emptied three pills into his hand and fed them to her, one by one.
The vile tasting pills, stung Cassandra's tongue and taste buds, causing her to gag and splutter. She started struggling and kicking, trying to twist out of the guard's grip, but he held her firm.

She eventually forced herself to swallow, desperate for air. All her memories of the horrible force-feeding came back and she burst into tears, despite her efforts to blink them back.

Just so everyone knows, Rithermide is not a real drug, I made it up.

The pinching the nose closed idea, was inspired by the amazing, Shadows, by PocketProtector, on AO3, btw! ❤️