ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16

"Come on guys, wakie wakie." Daphne tried to wake Artemis and Theo up, but it was no use.

"I'll do it." Draco said and moved to blow into Artemis's ear causing her to bolt awake.

"I didn't do anything!" She shouted earning a laugh from her friends.

"Real funny ha ha ha." Theodore sarcastically said as he woke up, pulling the girl who somehow ended on his lap close to him, he buried his face into the cruck of her neck kissing it softly and exhaling her aroma, causing Artemis to blush.

"Why are you blushing?" Blaise asked with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Who's blushing?' Draco asked.

"Arty." Neville replied instead.

"I'm not blushing." Artemis replied embarrassed, as she got up.

"Yeah right." Pansy snorted in a very unladylike way.

"Let's go already." Daphne stopped the argument before it began.

                                                                                 ˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Right then! First years! This way, please! Cone on now, don't be shy! Cone on now, hurry up!" [ I'm not going to do Hagrid's complicated accent.]

"This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me!" Hagrid continued shouting.

"Wicked" Artemis and her group of friends heard the redhead from earlier shout.

As they travel in the boats, all the kids are mesmerized by the view of the castle, it was better than they could've ever imagine, not even the photos their parents showed then when they were little could compare.

When they arrived at the edge of the lake the boys helped Pansy, Daphne, and Artemis out carefully.

Later, they were following the half – giant, eventually meeting Professor McGonagall. At first view it seemed that she was not someone you wanted on your bad side, but they knew better, after all she loved The Marauders.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through theses doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must get sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points are awarded the house cup." Professor McGonagall talked firmly so that everyone listened.

"The ceremony will begin momentarily." The women added before she walked away.

"Hey, don't push people around, ask for permission." A girl yelled.

"I can do as I please, I am after all the best friend of the – girl – who – lived...." Before he continued Professor McGonagall returned.

"Enough Mr. Weasley. Now, we're ready for you. Follow me." The women said.

They were lead through the large doors and into the Great Hall, where four long tables with thousands of students, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real, the celling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." The girl who they previously found out was named Hermione told them all, her voice telling them to listen to her because she was better.

Upon arriving to the front of the hall, the noticed a hat sitting on stool.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." The professor explained.

Dumbledore rose form his throne and said:

"I have a few starts of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third floor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

He sat back down.

"Is he crazy?" Daphne whispered scandalized by the news.

"I think that he wants Artemis to go, didn't you notice how he was looking at her?" Theodore noticed.

But before any of us could really think about it, Professor McGonagall started to call our names.

"Hermione Granger."

"Gryffindor"

"Draco Malfoy."

"Good luck." Artemis kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Arty.,"

"Slytherin."

"Susan Bones."

"Hufflepuff."

"Ronald Weasley."

"Gryffindor."

"Neville Longbottom."

"Hufflepuff."

"Artemis Potter – Black."

"Good luck darling." Theodore kissed her cheek, making her blush.

As she started making her way to the hat, everything went silent, upon sitting down the stool, her eyes travelled around the room and saw when both Weasley and Granger paled at realizing that they got on her bad side already. Mostly Granger, who spat on her face.

"Hmm.... difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind ether. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you."

"Where do you think she's going to end up?" Neville questioned.
"I am not sure; she could do well in any house." Blaise replied.

"You would do well, in the house of your mate...."

"My mate, you know them?"

"When the time comes, you'll know, but for now the sorting.........

SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherin students cheered, while the other three houses stayed silent, in shock. No one expected the – girl – who – lived to end up with the snakes.

Later, all the first years were sorted into their houses, each talking to the other. McGonagall dings on a goblet.

"Your attention please." The women asked.

Dumbledore rose from his seat and said:

"Let the feast...begin."