ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 29

Weeks later all the students were called to the Great Hall for a dueling club. There was several dueling platforms, Professor Lockhart was above one along with Professor Snape who looked murderous.

"Gather around, gather around. Can everyone see me?? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In the light of the previous war, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourself as I myself have done on countless occasions – for full details, read my published works."

"The headmaster is out of his mind if he thinks we can learn something from this fraud." Cedric snorted.

"Shh, don't let him hear you." Susan chuckled.

"Let me introduce you all to my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngster to worry. You'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

"Where's the fun in that?" They heard Weasley 'whisper.'

Lockhart and Snape face each other and bow. They turn, walk then paces, then spin, wands poised like swords.

"As you can all see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. ON the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither will be aiming to kill, or course."

"I wouldn't be on that." Artemis whispered to her friends.

"One; two; three......."

"Expelliarmus!" Professor Snape aimed at Lockhart. A dazzling flash of scarlet light burst forth and blasts Lockhart of his feet and into the wall.

"Yes!" The Weasley twins cheered.

"Do you think he's alright?" Granger asked.

"Who cares?" Weasley replied.

Lockhart get up unsteadily. "Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you can see, I've lost my wand." Hermione Granger gave him his wand like the teacher's pet she attempted to be. "Thank you, Ms. Granger."

"Professor I think it would be wise to teach them how to block unfriendly spells." Snape commented, highly annoyed.

"Yes, of course."

"Ms. Potter – Black, you'll be partnered with Ms. Granger." Lockhart told both girls. As Artemis walked to her platform, she could feel the man's gaze on her, which made her uncomfortable.

"Ready to lose slimy snake." Granger whispered as she walked by.

"Don't know, are you?" Artemis taunted. Sometimes she really liked getting a rise out of the Gryffindor, she always had the best reactions.

"Wands at the read, don't forget we're only aiming to disarm. We wouldn't want any accidents. At the count of three, one; two; and three."

Hermione shot the first charm, a very quick while light rushed out of the of her wand and towards Artemis, who barely dogged the attack.

"Rictusempra." Artemis shot her spell, a jet of silver light went straight towards the bushy haired girl, successfully know her to the edge of the stage.

"Hey, I said disarm only." Lockhart tried to gain some authority only to fail.

"Serpensortia." Granger shouted and a snake appeared on the platform, suddenly making her way toward Artemis.

"Do not fret Potter, I'll get rid of it." The idiot man only managed to make the snake jump, causing the students to shout in fright.

$Hey little one, it's ok don't be scared$ Artemis hissed to the snake.

$A speaker$

$Yes, I am a speaker. Come I'm not going to harm you$ The snake obeyed her, curling around her leg. "Expelliarimus." Artemis caught Grangers wand.

"You're evil." Granger told her with horror on her face.

"Why is that?" Artemis tilted her head.

"You can talk to snakes." Seamus shouted.

"Yes and?"

"That's an evil ability."
"That's stupid, besides everyone already knows this, I have Stella? My familiar, who is a snake." Artemis rolled her eyes and walked down the stage.

'Idiots.' She thought, annoyed.