ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 22

'Artemis, sweetie, how are you? Did you get hurt?

Your Uncle Regulus called us last night and told us about the troll.

Please be careful, I couldn't bear to see you hurt. Your fathers are talking my ear off as I write to you.

Remus says that you should be careful and orders you to keep your wand with you at all times in case there is another accident.

With love:

Your mother.

"Did your parents write to you too?" Draco asked.

"Yeah, told me to be careful and to have my wand with me." Artemis replied.

"I still can't believe that a troll got inside the school, isn't Hogwarts supposed to be the safest placed after Gringotts." Pansy complained.

"It is, the only way it could've gotten in was if someone let them in, even then the headmaster would've known, because of wards." Blaise said.

"That means that either the headmaster let the troll in, or he is uncapable of doing his job." Hannah realized.

"I don't want to believe what you're saying, but either of the options is logical." Cedric told them.

"Why is it so hard to believe?" Fred asked.

"All my life I've been taught about how great he is, how he defeated Grindwald, blah blah blah." Cedric admitted.

"We grew up the same way, but luckily we met Lee, he made us realize just how wrong we were, and how awful the man truly is." George told the group of friends/acquaintances.

"Well, I might have to thank Lee personally, after all who knows how you would've turned out if it weren't for him." Artemis told them, and the twins shuddered.

                                                                               ˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

As the days passed, the weather turned very cold considering it was already November. The mountains around the school became icy gray and the lake like chilled steal. Every morning the ground was covered in snow. Hagrid, the friendly half – giant, could be seen defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaver skin boots.

The Quidditch season had begun, and a friendly banter could be seen in Artemis's friend group, unlike other students who started hexing each other in hopes that the other team couldn't compete. Dumbledore, the headmaster, could be seen with smile every time the Slytherins were attacked, which seemed to encourage his school minions.

At the end of the first game – Gryffindor vs. Slytherin – people were exchanging galleons because of the bets. After all, Slytherin had won. Barely, but still.