02- she likes vampire puns

✩✩✩✩•

02. SHE LIKES VAMPIRE PUNS

Professor Flitwick handed out their timetables not long after 9am had struck. Anita had long since finished her pancakes and Calypso had had to ignore the smug smirk upon her face as a second year next to them complained that all the good pancakes (filled with chocolate chips) had run out.

The fairly small professor had had to plant himself upon the Ravenclaw table in the great hall so as to actually see the students of Ravenclaw.

He clapped for quiet and suddenly he had over a hundred wide eyes staring at him expectantly. With a quick flick of his wand, the stack of papers in his hand flew into the air, like a flock of birds soaring high, looping and twisting until they dispersed and the whole of Ravenclaw audibly gasped. Sheets of paper flew right at them only to stop before they could kiss their noses and hover in the air until the students snatched them up.

As soon as Anita grabbed hers she groaned and buried her head in Amanda's shoulder. Amanda, who had only woken up ten minutes before hand, grimaced as Anita's baby hairs tickled her nose and pushed the blonde's head off of her shoulder.

"What's wrong Ani?" Asked Calypso, sipping her steaming black coffee.

Anita huffed again and clicked her tongue. "We have Defence Against the Dark Arts first thing this morning."

Amanda rolled her eyes. "What's wrong with that?"

"It's with Gryffindor," Anita said. "They're too obnoxious for Monday morning."

At that Amanda and Calypso shared a look.

Anita looked between the two and scowled. "Oh shush."

"It's odd though," mused Calypso. "We hardly ever share classes with Gryffindor and this year we're sharing four with them."

"At least we've only got one with Slytherin," Amanda noted, a gleeful smirk pulling at her lips. "Thank Merlin."

"Mandy." Calypso frowned at her friend.

"Oh don't start you two, please." Interrupted Anita, waving her hands between them. "It's Monday, relax."

"Oh relax you say." Calypso turned to the blonde with a raised eyebrow. "Where was relax when you dragged me out of bed this morning?"

"Cici, it was for your own good," with a flourish Anita patted her hand. "Now when do we have Divination, Mandy? I'm feeling a Monday— no! Tuesday afternoon."

"No," Amanda shook her head and stared at Anita with a perfectly cool face. "When have we ever had Divination on a Tuesday afternoon. It'll be Friday morning or Thursday afternoon."

"Okay, miss prefect." Anita sang, raising her eyebrows she shot Calypso a wink.

Both girls looked to their timetables then and Anita let out a loud, indulgent laugh, her hands slapping against the wooden table before her.

Flitwick sent the blonde a disapproving look, of which she ignored, and Anita turned to an exasperated Amanda. It seemed as though the two of them had Divination on a Tuesday afternoon after all.