12- she looks pretty damn good in red

✩✩✩✩•

12. SHE LOOKS PRETTY DAMN GOOD IN RED

Halloween was tonight. October had left no crumbs untouched, it had bypassed September like a cold gust of wind. But no one was thinking about that when there was a party to get to.

In fact, Halloween was only four hours away and the girls still hadn't gotten dressed.

Inside one of the many Ravenclaw dorms, three girls were sat casually on each of their beds, legs swinging ever so slightly so that their toes just about brushed the floor.

"The party starts at nine," Amanda grinned at a slightly panicky Anita who was now standing straight with her hands on her hips doing a very good impression of a disapproving mother. "We literally have an hour to get ready we'll be fine."

"It officially starts at nine which means it won't be in full swing until nine-thirty at least." Added Calypso, who was quite enjoying the calm before the storm.

"Besides, Ravenclaw isn't hosting this year! So we can turn up when we we want." Said Amanda and that thought alone seemed to make her happy.

It did not make Anita happy though. Their blonde friend ran a frustrated hand through her hair.

"Anita, is this because you've changed your mind on your outfit and don't know what to wear?" Calypso ventured a guess and the little moan that left Anita's mouth told her she'd hit the nail on the head.

"Just show us the options," Amanda sighed flipping back onto her bed.

"There's about five, guys. I need to choose now. And I mean now, now." Anita gestured at the heap of clothes on the floor besides her bed and Calypso winced. "I can't get myself looking fabulous in any less than thirty minutes okay so, help me."

Calypso looked to Amanda who was still laying on her bed and then at Anita who was about to have a meltdown.

"Well, didn't you say you were going to go as a Vampire?" Asked Calypso.

"To pay homage to our lovely professor if I remember." Chimed in Amanda.

Anita looked at the two of them and sighed. "Yes, I was."

"But...?" Calypso leant forwards slightly and raised an eyebrow.

"But nothing. Except Sirius bloody Black is going as one!" She scoffed at his name and her face scrunched up as though she'd tasted something awful. "I don't want my name associated with his anytime soon."

The whole Butterbeer contest was a sore spot for Anita still. Amanda had filled Calypso in on the last round, saying that had Anita not been so exhausted from playing the day before she 100% would've won but alas Sirius had just managed to hold his drink better than their friend. Apparently, Anita had drunk so much she'd passed out.
That particular fact Calypso knew to be true because she'd rushed into the Three Broomsticks to find her friend snoring heavily on top of the table surrounded by far too many glasses. Amanda and Dorcas had merely looked at her and immediately all three of them had known it was going to be a long trek back.

And it had been a long trek back. Calypso shuddered thinking about the downpour of rain that had followed then the whole way back.