23- she is so wonderful

✩✩✩✩•

23. SHE IS SO WONDERFUL

All she could think was, oh my god. Remus Lupin actually liked her. He liked her.

His journal, his words. He'd written down a list of the things she liked, of what annoyed her and of things she certainly didn't like—like Shakespeare. Of all things to remember, to write down...

Could this boy get any cuter? If her heart could burst with undulated joy, she was sure that would've been the moment.

But then sudden clarity washed over her and she suddenly realised that she'd been frozen in shock with her mouth open wide enough to catch a swarm of flies.

"Calypso." Remus said her name, hesitance fluttering across his features and Calypso blinked.

"I—" she closed the journal gently and felt a small smile tug at her lips. "Remus, I don't know what to say."

His eyes shuttered then and she lurched towards him, grasping his hands before he could say anything. She could see his intention in his eyes and she knew she'd almost lost him in that second.

"No, no," Calypso squeezed his hands, her heart beating wildly, so loudly that surely Remus could hear it. "Not like that."

He looked at her, long and hard, as though trying to decipher exactly what she meant. And she let him. She let him see the truth shining in her eyes.

"I know, Remus. I know," Calypso took a deep breath as she plunged forwards. "And it doesn't matter to me. You don't scare me."

Leaning closer, she pulled his hands to her chest, cradling them as she said clearly, "you have nothing to be ashamed about. You don't have to hide your pain around me anymore."

Beneath her touch he was cold—tense. His eyes were pinned on her face, as though trying to work out if this whole thing was a joke.

It made her want to cry. This beautiful, wonderful, kindhearted boy feared more than anything; people discovering who he truly was. And what was worse was that people could hurt him for something that was entirely beyond his control. The thought of people wanting to hurt him made her physically sick.

"You're a werewolf." Said Calypso softly.

At her words, his eyes closed and his face turned stricken.

"It's okay." She whispered, never letting go of his hands as she watched a small tear trickle down the side of his face.

"You're not—you're not disgusted?" He asked quietly, eyes still closed.

Carefully, Calypso brushed her lips over his knuckles, her heart stumbling as Remus' breath hitched, eyes flying open. "How could I be disgusted by the kindest and smartest person I know?"

"Calypso, if you're pulling my leg..." his voice wavered and she knew that whatever resolve he was holding onto was fast dissolving.

"I'm not." She flashed him a smile. "I really, really like you Remus Lupin. And I think you might like me too."

A half crazed half joyful laugh burst forth from his lips and he shook his head, his body shaking as though he was on a comedown. She felt every tremor through through his cold hands and so she pressed them tighter to her, hoping that her erratic heartbeat could give him some semblance of stability.

"I must be dreaming." Remus stared down at his hands, still clutched against her chest and her warmth sustaining his. "I am dreaming."

At that, she gave him a little pinch. Remus merely blinked down at the thief joined hands, unfazed,  before meeting her gaze once more.

"You know and you don't care... you don't care at all?" The words left his mouth and she could tell he was disbelieving, as though he had been expecting her to run and never look back.

"I'm not going anywhere."

And with a tremendous amount of courage, Calypso surged forwards, gently pressing her lips to his. She barely heard his surprised intake of breath over the roaring of blood in her ears.

Time seemed to stop and the restart all over again. Against her own, Remus' lips were cold but they were oh so soft. It was almost like she was floating, a strange calmness had overtaken her body, but all the while she was wholly aware of every movement she made, every light brush of Remus' lips against her own.

And then Remus' hands moved to cup her face and she felt his lips yield to her, accepting her. He moaned, ever so softly, into her mouth and she, well she fell right into his embrace. Her fingers gently wound themselves into his hair, his hat tumbling from his head as she did but neither of them cared.

Remus clasped her face tighter, drawing her closer to him and in that moment Calypso didn't care that her knees were aching from kneeling on the hard ground, or that the cold air was biting at her exposed neck or even that absolutely anyone could see them because she was finally kissing Remus Lupin and it was magical.

His hands slipped from her face then and settled just beneath her jaw, his thumb traced lazy circles as he laid kiss after reverent kiss against her lips, taking his sweet, sweet time to enjoy her. After all, he had waited a long time for this moment.

A soft whimper built up at the back of Calypso's throat as his tongue teased and tentatively entered her mouth, sweeping away her thoughts and scattering her senses. Colours exploded behind her closed eyes and she let herself slip away into the ecstasy that came with Remus Lupin's touch.

Long fingers curled themselves into her hair then and another hand lightly cupped the back of her neck, tilting her head back. His lips left hers then and she found herself staring into his eyes, so full of adoration and wonder that tears prickled at the back of her eyes and she really, genially could've cried at how happy she was in that moment.

"Calypso..." Remus breathed out, cheeks flushed and a soft smile gracing his gorgeous, wonderful lips. "How are you so wonderful?"

"Shh," she whispered then, placing a finger against his mouth. "Kiss me again and I'll think about answering your question."

Laughter danced in his eyes and she couldn't help but grin back at him, so deliriously happy that she felt as though the world was theirs to conquer. She knew in that moment that, as long as Remus Lupin's arms were around her, and lips pressed against her own, she would be forever content.

<<>>

Yay they kissed!!! Finally!!!!!!!
Also I'm actually now adding one more chapter and it's going to be so wholesome you might die ahh