14- she wants to know what 'dwi'n caru ti' means

✩✩✩✩•

14. SHE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT 'DWI'N CARU TI' MEANS

It was incredibly tense at breakfast on that dreaded, but also highly anticipated, Saturday.

Anita had scarcely said a word and had been silently eating her breakfast (which was porridge because Calypso always said it would keep you going for the whole day and also because it was the only thing Anita could keep down on a match day) and sipping at her orange juice.

The rest of the Ravenclaw quidditch team seemed pretty fine otherwise. Half of them were oblivious to their captains somber face but the other half, well they look positively excited.

The two youngest and also newest chasers were struggling to contain their glee about their first ever match. Calypso figured nerves mixed with excitement and pancakes probably would make you a little bouncy. Rachel Steel, a small ginger whippet of a girl and Monty McKay whose hair was dyed as blue as bubblegum ice cream, were both third years.
  Monty, bless him, had a heart of gold and a charming smile that even had Amanda softening her signature scowl. Rachel however, was as bubbly as they came, though when she got excited her Scottish accent really came through strong and even Rosie (who was good with dialects) could hardly make out a word she was saying.

"Do you think Rachel will combust if she speaks anymore?" Amanda asked with one eyebrow raised in the younger girls direction.

Calypso contemplated her friends words seriously, because Rachel really was working herself up into a tizzy and Monty wasn't helping.

"Possibly. But you're all going in five so she'll be fine." Calypso paused, "hopefully."

"How're you feeling?" She asked her raven haired friend and Amanda grinned in a very feline like way.

It was a little unnerving.

"Like I'm ready to whack some badgers off their brooms."

"You sound way too happy about that, Mandy."

Amanda merely grinned again, sipping at her tea. "Those poor Hufflepuffs won't know what hit them."

"Ah, don't underestimate them, they've got a mean streak when it comes to quidditch. Remember last year?"

Beside her, Anita tutted and patted Calypso's arm. It seemed that discussion of their opponent had brought her out of her inner thoughts.

"Cici, you have a point." And then Anita turned to look at the rest of her team. "Hufflepuff play fairly but they will work us till we're ready to drop so don't let those guards down."

The Ravenclaw team nodded unanimously then, eyes trained on Anita.

"I hope you're ready, we've got a match to win!"

A cheer went up around the Ravenclaw table then, flooding the great hall with laughter and the cry of their house name.

"It's so loud, all the time," grumbled Amanda who winced as Monty screamed right next to her ear.

But Calypso saw the smile on her face as her friend rolled her eyes.

The Ravenclaw team began to stand up, getting ready for the pre-match warm and run-through. Calypso stayed seated but it was then that she realised Amanda wasn't staying with her this time, she was on the team now.