04- she always forgets her gloves

✩✩✩✩•

04. SHE ALWAYS FORGETS HER GLOVES

The week had flown by and it was Saturday already. The early morning sun was shining down on her and, although it was fresh, it was shaping up to be a wonderful day.

The blur of lessons and information she'd had thrown at her throughout the week seemed to all fade away as Calypso took a deep breath of the crisp morning breeze.

As luck had it, Calypso had not been allowed to lie in today either. For the one and only reason which just happened to be Anita's third favourite thing; quidditch. Yet again Anita had stolen another peaceful morning from her.

Professor Gillian had told Anita that she could hold tryouts this Saturday morning, a week earlier than Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor's. Anita had been positively elated and of course, Calypso being the wonderful friend she was, had awoken, bundled herself up in numerous jumpers and her Ravenclaw scarf before trundling down to watch the tryouts.

Not only was she there for Anita though, but Amanda had decided that this year she would try out too. And of course Calypso had to be there to cheer her friend on.

Amanda wasn't a nervous person, but this morning as she had rolled out of bed Calypso could feel the tension that emanated from her body.

Calypso's trek to the stands was one filled with much huffing, there were many many steps to climb. By the time she had made it to the top, Anita had gathered all the hopeful quidditch players on the pitch and was giving one of her famous pep talks.

Only a couple of other people were sat in the stands with her, spread out and all still practically half asleep. After all it was half seven.

Admittedly, it had been a good turn out. From where she sat Calypso could make out numerous faces.
  Rosie Blake, a brown haired and brawny seventh year (and the seeker from last years team) had made it. The spot was guaranteed to go to her anyway, one because she was as quick as lightning and two because she was amazing at what she did, in fact Calypso was 97% sure she was going to go into professional quidditch after Hogwarts. Rosie had been captain last year but had handed it over to Anita this year because of her final exams.

Micheal Brown and Jenny Jones had also come back, as eager as ever. The two of them had a love hate relationship. Anita had once had to lock them in the changing rooms until they had made up after a particularly explosive argument. Though for all their fighting, Calypso knew there was a fondness there too.

Really, Anita was looking for two more chasers and another beater, that being said if someone performed better than Micheal or Jenny then she wouldn't hesitate to replace them. Not because Anita was horrible, everyone there wanted to win this years cup— Ravenclaw had to keep their winning streak. Though replacing Jenny or Micheal was unlikely, worst case scenario was that they'd be substitutes in case of injuries.

And how Calypso knew this was all down to Anita. Friday night her blonde friend had sat her down on her bed and ran through everything with her. Calypso often acted as a confidant to Anita, particularly when it came to quidditch. She went to every match and all the briefings she could. As a result, Calypso had basically become the eyes of the team and the one to offer feedback from a completely, sort of, neutral point of view.