10- she does not like shakespeare

✩✩✩✩•

10. SHE DOES NOT LIKE SHAKESPEARE

Remus Lupin's face was a picture of utter bamboozlement. And horror. And pure panic. And strangely concern.

In fact, an array of emotions seemed to fly across his face as he stared at her standing at the foot of his bed. Him a frazzled mess, unruly bed hair and wide eyes and her; a picture of slight amusement and strange bafflement.

"What—" Remus started only to stop and wince slightly as he shifted him into a sitting position. His duvet sheet fell from around his shoulders.

As he moved, it was then that Calypso realised how awful he looked. His skin was sallow, faint bruises marred his face and neck and chest. His bandaged chest that was on full display.
She'd be lying if she hadn't thought about Remus' physique but imagination was nothing compared to being confronted with the real life version. At all.

Calypso couldn't seem to move her eyes as the faint muscles that lined his stomach flexed at his slight movements. She knew she was staring and she really ought to not stare but Remus Lupin was shirtless in front of her.

Shirtless and covered in bruises and scratches. That at least seemed to jumpstart her befuddled brain. As heat slowly crept into her cheeks she frowned at the sight of his injured body. And she really did try her best not to stare at his chest.

"Remus," she breathed slightly, trying to regain some composure at least, and slowly crept around the side to get closer to him. "Are you okay, what happened?"

"I'm okay, really." He didn't meet her eyes and finally huffed a breath of relief as he sat upright.

"Is that why you're covered in bandages then?" Calypso raised an eyebrow and sat down in the chair next to his bed.

Remus looked at her then and she paused as she saw the plea in his eyes. His big, gorgeous eyes that seemed to look straight into her soul and effortlessly render her speechless.

"Okay, I won't ask." She said quietly. "But you really are in a right state."

At her words, tension seemed to fall from his shoulders and Remus smiled slightly. "From the looks of it, so are you."

She smiled at that and gently brushed an absentminded hand over her cheek. "I forget it's there most of the time honestly."

"It looks a bit sore."

"Not as sore as yours I'm sure."

Remus shook his head with a little laugh. "It's not a competition of who's in more pain, Calypso. But yeah, I'd probably win."

They shared a smile at that and then Calypso flitted her eyes away nervously and cleared her throat. Truth be told Remus' bare chest was really catching her off guard. Why did he have to be so heartbreakingly gorgeous?

"The guys told me what happened," Remus looked at her carefully as he broke the silence. "I'm sorry you and Henry had to go through that. I wish I could've done something to—" Remus broke off and shook his head. His jaw seemed to tighten and he lapsed into silence.