07- she says chicken soup is good for the soul

✩✩✩✩•

07. SHE SAYS CHICKEN SOUP IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL

It was now the end of the third week of term at Hogwarts, time had flown by so quickly Calypso could hardly believe it. Let alone that tomorrow would mark the fourth Monday of her being back at Hogwarts.

At that particular moment, she was laying on her front, on-top of her extremely comfortable bed of which was covered in a stripy blue and purple quilt; homemade in fact, and gifted to her by Sandy in her first year of school. Her matching stripy pyjamas were on and Calypso's hair was braided neatly into two plaits. She had already painted her nails a dark orange and she felt almost content. Almost.

The nearly full silvery moon shone in through the large windows of the girls' room and there was a comforting air, a peaceful blanket that sheltered the room.

And it was just her. Alone. A rare occurrence indeed.

Anita was in the common room discussing quidditch manoeuvres with her newly appointed team and Amanda was out on her night time patrol with Remus.

Dorcas had joined Calypso for a while before letting out a loud yawn and promptly departing with bleary eyes— the Hufflepuff has stayed up all of Saturday night trying to get her Herbology assignment done and it was safe to say that Dorcas was absolutely knackered.

Calypso had her small notebook open in front of her and her pen was lodged between her teeth as she figured out just what she was trying to write. Her newly painted nails tapped the blank paper to the beat of one of her favourite songs; Bridge Over Troubled Water.

See, there was a particular reason as to why Calypso was not quite content when she in fact should've been, rather she was actually strangely befuddled. She needed to collect her thoughts and so far Calypso figured she knew four things for certain.

One was that she had had the total of three lay-ins the entirety of her stay so far. All three of them being Sunday. The sacred rest day as her adoptive mother, Sandy Gomez, liked to call it.
That was mainly because on Sunday she got to tend to her whimsical garden whilst her husband and Calypso's adoptive dad, Tedros Gomez, had to cook the Sunday roast. With lots of help from Cameron of course. He was the real chef of the family, Ted was more like a sous-chef really.

The second thing was that, though sixth years, they now had lots of allotted 'free time' periods so to say— Calypso did not in fact, have 'free time'. Already she could feel the slow build of stress in the pit of her belly and she did not like it one bit.

Thirdly, Calypso knew she had developed an unhealthy habit of painting her toenails, and fingernails mind you, a different colour every weekend. This was an attempt to relax herself and not feel so overwhelmed with the amount of work which was now being piled them. Her nails were currently pastel green because she'd randomly remembered her sister saying that the colour green is scientifically proven to reduce stress.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Calypso was utterly fixated on the puzzle that was Remus Lupin.
  He seemed to be constantly buzzing around her brain. Especially, ever since he'd surprised her by walking her back to the Ravenclaw common room and gifting her his special homemade gloves. Try as she might, he always managed to find a way to sneak into her thoughts.