13- she never finished jane eyre

✩✩✩✩•

13. SHE NEVER FINISHED JANE EYRE

October had ended with a not so nice bang and November had rolled past with flurries of snow and icy rain.

The Halloween party had ended alright for some though, it seemed. For Dorcas and Amanda, it had been a great night of singing, dancing and some drunken confessions— of which neither of them had told either Calypso or Anita about yet. Something that Anita was constantly grumbling about.

After the Sirius and Anita fiasco, Anita had pledged to avoid the marauders at all costs and so Calypso had been dragged along in her crusade to go everywhere they weren't. Amanda had straight up said it was stupid which had caused Anita to get all defensive, so that had been fun in their first week of November.
  Any mention of Sirius Black had Anita spitting feathers.

Calypso was still angry for Anita, and angry that Remus hadn't told her about the marauders little bet. It had hurt her friend; hurt her badly though, Amanda couldn't figure out why because Anita already hated Sirius.

After witnessing firsthand that look in Anita's eye, Calypso secretly figured that perhaps Anita didn't hate Sirius as much as she let on. But she wasn't about to cause anymore drama so that little thought stayed tucked away in her head.
  In fact, judging the current climate, if she ever said it out loud Anita would probably skin her.

She still saw Remus in lessons they shared but it had turned somewhat awkward. It was entirely her fault. Three had gone by since Halloween and thank merlin they'd all been mostly silent studying sessions.

It wasn't as though she'd been rude to Remus in classes or anything. She'd just been short, given him non-plussed answers. It wasn't like her to hold grudges but he'd known what his friend was doing and hadn't had the decency to say anything when he must've known it would've upset Anita.
  To his credit, Remus was unfailingly sweet and kind in lessons still. Calypso knew she couldn't take much more of his wounded, puppy dog looks. It was slowly killing her inside.

Especially as she'd been saying goodbye so quickly she never got to hear Remus' responses and hurried to Henry's side who lately seemed to be giving her the what is going on with you two look.

On another note, it was absolutely mortifying for her to think she'd very nearly confessed her budding feelings for Remus on Halloween. Calypso had decided she was never drinking that much alcohol again.

Not that she'd ever said that before.

But today Calypso had decided to find solace in the kitchens. Anita was near impossible to be around right now, especially since it was Ravenclaw's first official game this Saturday.
It was only Wednesday and all Anita could talk about was quidditch and practise and quidditch. It was driving Calypso slightly insane— it was bad enough before bed but every second of the day? She was quidditched out.

Already, Slytherin and Gryffindor had played the previous weekend and that had seen Gryffindor win by the skin of their teeth. Anita had been delighted that James Potter had almost been thrown from his broom in a particularly nasty collision with a Slytherin player.
Out of the three of them, only Anita had attended the match as both Amanda and Calypso had taken one look at the icy rain and grey sky and immediately knew they'd be in bed sick for a week if they too went. Anita seemed to be made of stronger stuff it seemed. But Calypso and Amanda felt like they'd been there after Anita's extremely detailed rundown of the match.