24- she loves remus lupin

✩✩✩✩•

24. SHE LOVES REMUS LUPIN

Two weeks had passed since Calypso and Remus had kissed and Calypso had been floating on cloud nine since. Not even Anita's grumbled comments about Sirius Black, or the whole marauder posse for that matter, occasionally now joining them for breakfast could bring her down off of her high.

The marauders weren't as bad as she'd expected; they only teased her and Remus when they were walking beside one another, hands interlocked or reading books together under a blanket. Sirius' favourite phrase was that they were 'disgustingly adorable' and Calypso had to bite back her retort that he was literally Anita in male form every time. She knew that neither party would've taken that as a compliment.

Henry had been the one to suss it out first really, out of everyone. The whole Ancient Runes class they'd sat in, only days after their kiss, he'd been scrutinising her with furrowed brows. It was only after, as they walked back together, that he'd turned to her with a knowing look and said, "is he as good of a kisser as he looks?"
Calypso had had to answer honestly and had admitted that Remus was in fact, a brilliant kisser. Henry had nodded knowingly at that and given her a look that had had her divulging all the details to him, much to her own embarrassment and delight.

Lily had been the first person Remus had actually told about them, funnily enough. The marauders were still ribbing him about it, two weeks on—an ultimate betrayal they liked to tell him with wounded eyes. James especially had been slightly sulky that Lily had been told before him.

That being said, Calypso only found out Lily knew because later that day the ginger haired prefect had thrown herself at her and wrapped her arms around Calypso with a delighted cry of, "I knew it!"

So naturally, it took less than a week for basically the whole castle to know that Remus and Calypso were a 'thing'. Calypso had forgotten how much Hogwarts loved gossip, and also how much people loved the marauders. She'd gotten some nasty looks from multiple girls over the two weeks, but she couldn't blame them, Remus Lupin was most definitely a catch. And a bloody good kisser.

It made her grin like a lunatic whenever she thought about the secret kisses they'd shared and how incredibly fucking hot he was when she was the reason that his cheeks were flushed, his breath uneven and his eyes glazed over with something like pure adoration and lust mixed into one.

"Okay, this is a bit disgusting now, do you have to do that in front of me?" Anita scrunched up her nose as she looked over at Calypso and Remus disdainfully.

An eye roll was the only appropriate response Calypso could give her friend.

Admittedly, Calypso had fallen into her (now common) line of thinking that involved making out with a certain quietly handsome, bookish Gryffindor prefect. Her friends had gotten used to her glazed over, dreamy look that she now often wore around the castle.

"Is hand holding prohibited now?" She said airily back as Remus gave her hand a squeeze for good measure. It wasn't like their hands were even on the table, they were actually resting in Calypso's lap.

Remus' thumb was stroking soft circles along her knuckles and Calypso felt as though she was being lulled back to sleep. She was finding it hard to get through her honeyed coffee without nodding off. Or thinking about whether or not it would be okay if she just pulled remus out of the hall and into an abandoned classroom—merlin, she needed to get a hold of herself. All she could think about was Remus Lupin and his kisses.