20- she always feels better after a hug

✩✩✩✩•

20. SHE ALWAYS FEELS BETTER AFTER A HUG

     She'd been miserable all day. Her eyes hurt, her head hurt and worst of all, her heart hurt.

Ever since her encounter with Severus and Remus, the revelations she'd discovered—Calypso had been trying to convince herself that perhaps she had it wrong. But no matter how hard she tried, deep down something was telling her that she had hit the nail on the head.

And she was so, so tired.

"Cici." Anita nudged her from the sofa they were nestled into. "Earth to Calypso!"

The moon was in the sky now, almost full—tomorrow was the full moon, and all Calypso could think about was how much pain Remus must be feeling in that exact moment. Was he in bed shaking and sweating? Coughing and wheezing? Could he move without sharp pains racking his body?
  The things she'd read did not paint a rosy picture of the dreaded night before transformation. Surely the marauders must know? They'd been living with Remus for years.

"Sorry." She coughed as her voice cracked slightly. "What were you saying?"

She'd had to of been an idiot to miss the look Anita and Amanda shared then.
  Amanda was sat on the floor in front of them with a thick book of divination open on her lap; the last Calypso had heard Anita was complaining about how hard divination was.

Her friends stayed silent, their gazes now fixed on her form. It was kind of unsettling and weird because they looked like those fish with super large eyes—Jess had a tank of them back home in her bedroom and oddly her friends really resembled them in that moment.

Calypso could tell how tired she was now—her mind was wandering off in all directions.

"Really, I'm fine." Doing her best to muster a convincing smile, Calypso fiddled with the ends of her threadbare jumper.

"You don't look fine." Said Anita. "A little pale actually. Do you have a temperature?"

"No." Snapped Calypso. Everyone seemed to be annoyingly irritating as well. Or maybe that was just her?

That caused another look between Anita and Amanda.

"You look like you've swallowed an awful tasting wasp." Quipped Amanda, decidedly ignoring Calypso's glare. Even Anita gave Amanda a side eye.

"I don't think wasps taste good anyway, Mandy." Anita leant closer to Calypso then. "But she has a point."

"Of course I do." Muttered Amanda.

"We're just saying," Anita started, kicking Amanda not so subtly. "Maybe you've overworked yourself? I mean we did just get back from the holidays but still."

"Yesterday." Amanda added.

"Maybe it's flu then? That time of year right?"

Nodding, Amanda hummed her agreement. "Next thing you know, we'll all be coughing and blowing our noses."

"Let's get you down to Madame Pomfrey—she'll sort you out." Anita clapped her hands together.