Part 36

Hai, miss me? :)

Enjoy :)

.....

The atmosphere in the school field is currently very busy, filled with parents or families of third graders sitting around the field on the chairs that are already available, while third graders sitting on chairs that are also available in the middle of the field.

Today was graduation day for the third year seniors, and the graduation ceremony was being held outdoors. A tense day and the most eagerly awaited by third graders, including Alicia, Nadine, Peter, and Brandon.
The four of them sat in a row in the very first row, in front of the small stage where their headmaster was currently standing and giving a speech about the graduation of the third graders. Alicia and Nadine looked very beautiful in their blue graduation clothes, as did Peter Brandon who was very dashing.

"Just me, or are you guys nervous too?" Brandon asked.

"This isn't a death sentence procession, you idiot" Peter replied.

"Guys, stop. Don't spoil the atmosphere" said Nadine.

Alicia just smiled, actually she was also a little nervous but she didn't show it to her friends.

"Now I will announce the two students who became the best graduates this year with higher grades than other students and many achievements that our school is very proud of. Brooks Rattigan and Alicia Clark" said the principal and was greeted with loud applause.

"I knew it, I'm proud to be your bestfriend" said Nadine while hugging Alicia who looked very happy too.

"Thank you Nad" Alicia replied.

"Congratulations Alicia" said Peter and Brandon.

"Thanks guys"

"Rattigan, Clark, please come up on stage to give a little speech and accept the award"

Hearing her name being called, Alicia let go of her embrace with Nadine and looked at the stage where it seemed that Brooks had already stepped forward and went on stage first, and then Alicia realized that she would be standing side by side with her ex on stage. Alicia glanced towards the side of the field, looking for Draven's whereabouts and finally she saw the girl standing with her hands in the pockets of her black leather jacket, the jacket that Alicia gave as a gift for Draven's birthday. Draven smiled at her and gestured using her chin which he pointed at the stage, telling Alicia to come up on stage. Sighing softly to reduce her nervousness, Alicia finally stepped onto the stage and stood one step behind Brooks, who was currently speechless. Alicia didn't focus on listening to Brooks' speech, instead she paid attention to Draven who was talking intimately with her father and the girl's father.

"Alicia?"

"Uh..yeah?" watch Alicia get distracted when someone calls her name, and it turns out that Brooks is calling her name.

"Your turn" said Brooks as he took a step back from the small pulpit, and motioned for Alicia to come forward and begin her speech.

"Oh, thank you"

Alicia stood behind the small pulpit and started her speech.

"Umm.... first of all, I want to thank my parents for taking care of me and educating me so that I can become this Alicia today, I love you mom, I love you Dad (Laughs). Second, thank you to this school, to all the teachers who have taught me about bantak a lot, thank you very much for your help during these three years. Third, to all my friends for accompanying me whenever I need you guys, I love you guys, let's stay friends forever (smiles at Nadine and the others)" Alicia paused and inhaled and exhaled slowly, then glanced at Draven who was no longer talking to the two men, but was now looking at him with a proud smile.