What the what?

I always knew Etrurg had a burning hatred for the royals of the Capital, A.K.A my father and I.

What I didn't take into consideration was just how... Graphic this hatred could be.

All around there are pictures of my father and me with arrows pierced through them.

The wheels of my car had rolled over a billboard of my face that has already been shot. Twice.

I shift closer to Luke.

"This wasn't a good idea, Essie," He says.

Yeah, I see that now.

"Do you think they'll recognise me?" I ask, pressing the mask closer to my face.

"I don't know. I see you every day, I'll recognise you anywhere," comes his reply.

Great.

I think about the dagger attached to my thigh.

Should I cut my hair?

"Let's just go back," Luke says, "I can't let you get hurt."

No. Etrurg is my last hope of taking down my father.

I have to get to the royals and talk some sense into them.

"Princess?" The driver questions with a squeaky voice.

"U-turn. Go back home," Luke orders, ignoring the glare I am giving him

He looks over at me and says, "You can yell at me, beat me up or do whatever you want when you get back home. But I am not letting you get out of the car here."

Fuming with rage but also relieved, I cross my arms across my chest and close my eyes.

»»----- ♔ -----««

My phone rings, vibrating on my lap.

Azrael's text.

You're father is holding a ball for your birthday. What should I tell him?

Oh. Today is my birthday.

We're coming back.

????

I'll explain when we get back.

I cross my legs underneath me and tap my fingers on my knees.

      My main plan was to find Etrurg's royals and get them on my side. They're a powerful country but not helpful when it comes to war.

My father raids them every two years and they allow it because they don't have a choice.

A sudden realisation makes my stomach churn. The gold in my jewelry is from a fallen Kingdom. My throat feels dry as I strip off my mask, earrings and bracelet.

I force my thoughts to go back to my plans.

Maybe I can talk to Estra? Estra is not as powerful or rich. It also doesn't have a big army.

But the rulers are quite close. And if I can get one of them on board there could be a possibility that the other one would be on board too.

Possibility.

A groan escapes my lips as I drop my head into my hands.

Me freezing in front of my father constantly replays in my head. Guilt chips away every part of me.

Luke stirs beside me but doesn't wake up.

I feel nothing. Haven't for longer than I can remember now.

Well, there are the chills when Azrael is near. That's one feeling I enjoy.

The car comes to a sudden halt.

"We're home, your majesty."

"It's not a home if it killed millions to make."

I shake Luke awake.

He blinks around, confused. Then, glances at me and looks as if he just remembered everything.

I climb out of the car and am greeted with a menace to society, Chad.

He is just like his name might sound to you.

"Hello there, Princess Esmeray. You look quiet...bold today," He says, eyeing me from head to toe.

I want to cause him bodily harm but I don't.

"Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither, shut up."

His eyebrows rise.

Sometimes, I imagine his mother still tieing his shoelaces and feeding him chocolate flavored cereal.

It's funny.

Luke takes one look at Chad and walks the other way.

I start to walk away too because I don't like hanging out with idiots.

"Where are you going?" He says, running him beside me.

"Hell, most likely."