chapter 8

Y/n sat poised at the dinner table in a restaurant, in front of her is an intimidating man in a general's outfit, and next to him is a beautiful woman in red. In short, Y/n's parents.

gasp... lol.

"How's your apprenticeship going?" M/n asked softly as she cut through her food.

Y/n looked up to her mother and smiled. "It's really fun, tiring, but fun"

Her mother sighed. "I don't get why you still chose to do that apprenticeship instead of coming straight to my company" She paused. "That I built for you to lead"

"Mom, I can't just take things without being deserving of the reward." Y/n looked at her mom. "I need to work hard if I want to be on top. You taught me that"

Her mother smiled. "Of course, who am I to contradict my own words"

Then her father huffed. "You wanted to be like me back then" F/n grumbled like a child. "You used to adore me so much"

Y/n laughed a little. "And I still do, dad" She reassured her father.

Despite being filthy rich and Y/n being an only child, her parents did not spoil her. They taught her to be kind but not be a pushover, proud but not egotistical, and loving but not foolish. 

Her parents made sure she won't rely on them for money or to be dependent on them but still, they love her so much that sometimes they can't help but just dote on her. Y/n did not mind being treated like a child, she loved her parents dearly and would do anything to please them.

"So" Her mother spoke teasingly. "Any relationships we should know about?"

Y/n slightly flushed. "Well, no..." She trailed. "Maybe just a small crush but that's it"

"Who's this small crush?" Her father looked at her with curiosity.

"A new co-worker" She shrugged. "I just think they're beautiful is all"

Her mother cooed. "Is that so?"

Y/n teasingly rolled her eyes with a smile. "Please not here, mom"

They continued to talk and catch up. Each member of the family was so busy with their lives that they can only meet up in person at random events just like this one. 

They do call each other, maybe once a week if they have time. But on holidays and birthdays, they will free their entire schedule just to celebrate together as a family.

She then excused herself to go to the comfort room. They were eating at the VIP area of the restaurant so the halls were quiet except for the soft murmurs from the noise that the thick walls muffled. 

As she walked past each private room she noticed her shoe's strap was loose, she looked around and quickly fixed it before anyone would come out of their room to see her crouched down on the floor.

But as she was finished fixing her strap, the door right next to her opened. Y/n looked up with a still face and the person did the same. Her eyes widen when she recognized who it is; Hajime Kokonoi in all his glory. How is he even real, he looks absolutely beautiful.

Y/n you're staring for too long.

She blinked and fixed her posture. "Apologies, please excuse me" She muttered softly with a bow before leaving.

"Wait" The man called. "We've met before, correct?"

Y/n looked back. "Yes, Sir" She answered. "Though, not formally"

"I see" Kokonoi smiled at the girl. "Are you alright? It's just, you were crouched down on the floor-"

"No, I mean yes-!" She stuttered her words. "I am alright, I was just fixing the strap of my shoe"

"Glad to hear it"

"Oi, Koko" A voice from the inside called. "Close the damn door, what are you even doing- Oh"

"Akashi-san?" Y/n spoke as she caught glimpse of the man.

"Y/n, what're you doing here?" Takeomi asked surprised at the sudden meet-up.

"Just having a simple family dinner" She answered. Both Kokonoi and Takeomi looked at each other. "Well, I already took much of your time. I'll be taking my leave" With that, she left to go to where she originally planned.

She entered the comfort room, she wasn't planning on peeing she just needed to check if she still looked presentable and she also wanted a quiet place for a moment. 

Y/n looked at the mirror and for a moment her mind was blank, then she started to wonder why Takeomi and Kokonoi were together. Were they acquaintances? friends?

Y/n didn't know what Takeomi did for a living, all she knew is he was rich and it seemed likely that the two can be having a meeting about business and such. She thought of another idea, what if they're lovers?

 This is a fancy restaurant, after all, many couples come here to get dinner. They seem close, close enough for Takeomi to call kokonoi with a nickname.

She shook her head, no. There's no way a beauty like Kokonoi would be with an old fart like Takeomi, no offense. Well, now she's just overthinking everything. 

But it did surprise her that they knew each other, huh, why does it feel like everyone she had met recently is connected to Takeomi? She pushed the thought to the back of her mind, for now.

With one last look at the mirror, she went back to their dining room.

== Well, to answer the previous chapter's question: Y/n is the one and only daughter of an architecture company owner and Japan's highest-ranking Military General ==