chapter 20

There's nothing more complicated than choosing two things you want. But in Y/n's case, it's choosing between something she already loves and something she had learned to love.

She stood in front of the smoothie bar counter, her options were a mango shake or strawberry shake. Y/n had been ordering the mango shake ever since she was little but lately, she'd been liking the strawberry more.

Yes, she could technically buy both but she had to suffer carrying them both and she can't really carry them both since she has errands to do and there's a possibility that she'll experience a stomachache later on or worst diarrhea.

Her dilemma had her frozen in her spot.

"Uh, miss, are you alright?" The cashier asked worriedly at her state.

Y/n were muttering incoherent words as she stared at the menu above.

"We'll take both strawberry and mango shakes please" Kakucho spoke beside her as he handed his card to the cashier. "Come on Y/n, let's sit down"

Once they were seated Y/n suddenly exclaimed. "Oh! I know!" She blurted. "I'll order a strawberry mango shake!"

"Too late for that" Kakucho muttered as he scrolled through his phone. "I told the boy you'll get both"

"What?!" She looked around and she deflated. "Dammit, I could've ordered that instead of both. That way I could save money"

The black-haired man deadpanned. Is she serious? She basically owns a billion-worth company and she's worried about spending another 800 yen for a shake. And plus he was the one who paid.

"What's with that look for?" She asked as she slumped on the table.

He shook his head. "Nothing" He then remembered something. "So... Rindou huh?"

"Hmm?" She hummed. "What about Rindou?"

"You know" He raised his brows. "Is he your new crush or something? I thought Kokonoi was your number 1?"

"What? No." She crossed her arms and looked at him directly. "Rin's just a friend, and Kokonoi's my boss."

"You're confusing me" He copied her posture.

"What's there to be confused about?" She asked as she tilted her head. "Rin and I are friends that's why we hang out a lot, and Kokonoi is my boss so I treat him with much respect "

"But you said-" He was cut off by Y/n.

"Ah. Atatata. No." She shushed him. "We don't talk about the past okay?"

Kakucho watched as Y/n pulled out a book to read. It was her way to completely end a conversation and so he didn't push the topic.

Now he was curious, Y/n wouldn't shut up if you ask her about her crushes. So something was definitely off about her behavior.

Y/n didn't want to talk about them yet, since she knows she'll spill something she was not supposed to say, and that something is about the investigation she was conducting by herself.

She won't be able to control her words and she'll end up saying information she had found out over the course of five months that she hang out with Rindou.

And what are those findings you ask? Well, Y/n actually asked her dad if he knew anything about an underground group in Japan, she just asked vaguely.

.

.

.

She actually expected that her father wouldn't know anything but surprisingly he did. And the government was actually tracking that group down because of many illegal things.

It made her wonder if that exact group her father was describing is actually the group where Rindou worked but she couldn't be sure since she only asked vaguely.

What made her curious is when she asked about a certain symbol. The tattoo on Rindou's and Ran's neck, and on Kokonoi's head. She drew it for her father to see and the reaction she got was quite intriguing.

Her father looked at her worriedly. "Where did you learn that symbol?"

"Some article on the internet" She lied.

But it was half true, there were existing news articles about Bonten but the lie was, she actually never seen one since she rarely read that type of news.

Y/n noticed the stress on her father's face so she tried to smooth things over by asking if he still remembered the boy she played with in the orphanage back when she was a kid.

"Oh yes" Her father replied. "They were two correct? I can't quite remember their names"

"Kurokawa Izana" She answered. "And Kakucho Hitto"

The names were familiar to his ears but he thought it might be because they were his daughter's playmates back then.

"So how are they?" He asked as he skimmed through his paper works. "Are you still friends with them?"

"No, and yes," She answered as she mindlessly flipped through pages of her father's notebook. "Kaku is well. And Iza's Dead"

"Oh," He stopped. "That slipped my mind, I'm sorry"

"It's okay, I know you've been busy" She smiled at her father. "So I heard you and mom are planning a Christmas party"

Her father looked at her. "Yes, we are. And that's also around where you'll finish your apprenticeship correct?" Y/n nodded and her father continued. "Well your mother thought it could also act as an event to let the public know you'll be taking over her company"

"Really?" Her tome was half shocked and half excited. "So, I can invite my friends?"

A smile reached her father's lips. "You're allowed to invite anyone, it'll be your party after all"

She jumped and hugged her father as he thanked him and after that, she basically dashed out of his office to talk to her mother about the party.
.

.

.

"Oh Kaku, I just remembered something" She looked back at him who hummed as a response. "Are you free in December?"

"Yeah, I guess? Why?" He asked as he turned off his device.

She smiled. "My parents are hosting a party this Christmas and dad said I can invite whoever I want so, I want you to come"

"Who else is coming?" He asked curiously, he only wanted to know if she had invited Rindou before him.

"Well there's my family on mom's side and dad's side, then there's also my parents' co-workers..." She listed. "And the people I'll invite, you're the first person I'm telling this"

"Oh, I see" He felt almost triumphant to be the first person that she invited. "Sure I'll go"

Oh, Kakucho Hitto. Aren't you forgetting something?

You're a criminal.

Her father is a General.

This is going to be a fun party indeed.

"Great! No turning back on your word now" She exclaimed as she handed him a letter of invitation. "If you back out I'll fucking hunt you down and break your neck"

You are definitely fucked now Hitto.

He laughed nervously. "Who said anything about me backing out?" He muttered as he took the invitation letter. "I'm definitely going"

== rest in peace Kakucho *◡* ==