chapter 10

"He's really pretty" Y/n sighed, lovestruck. "I wonder if he's still single though or if he wants to be in a relationship at all"

"You're fangirling over a guy you barely know" Kakucho smiled in amusement. "This reminds me of a guy you had a crush on back then"

She looked at him puzzled. "Which one?"

"The fuck? How many crushes have you had?" He scrunched his nose. "Anyways, it's a guy you saw for literally a minute but you gave me a full detail on how beautiful he is"

"That barely narrows it down, Kaku" She deadpanned as she sipped her drink. "At least give me something specific"

He pondered. "The guy with a black mask? Black coat, I think, with a gold design. I don't know" He gave up explaining, but he knew exactly who he was describing. "The one you saw when I was driving you around Tokyo when we were around sixteen"

"Hmm...wait, I think I remember" She pursed her lips as she thought hard. "Ah! Yes, him! - The guy with long platinum hair and pretty eyelashes. Oh wow, I almost forgot about him"

Kakucho scoffed. "You were head over heels for him too" He reminded. "I can't believe you almost turned me into a stalker"

"I was just curious where he was heading!" She defended. "And plus I thought he was a girl at first, so I wanted to make sure he's safe especially if he's entering a dark alley"

The black-haired man laughed. "You know I find it funny" He started. "You like everyone yet you're still single? Damn"

"You say that as if you're not single yourself fucker" She frowned at him. "And plus, liking someone and loving someone is different"

Kakucho was about to comment but his phone buzzed indicating he received a message, he read it for a moment before setting it down on the coffee table. He checked one of his pockets and when he was sure he still had- whatever that is in his pocket, he stood up. He told her to stay put, she nodded and he left.

She tapped her foot as she listened to the song that looped in her mind. Y/n didn't question Kakucho's sudden action in leaving her but she figured it was something confidential and business-related since he looked serious as he read the message. Seconds passed or maybe minutes, she wasn't sure.

Her phone rang. The caller ID was Takeomi, she picked it up immediately and greeted the caller with a smile. "Oh hey, Akashi-san. Why're you calling?"

She froze.

Wait.

Takeomi?

She just realized something. Did she even have Takeomi's number? Because she was sure she didn't give Takeomi her contact number. If Takeomi did have her number, how did he get it? As she racked her brain for an answer, the other person in the line spoke.

"What do you mean, why?" It was definitely Takeomi's voice. "You're the only one not here, where are you?"

She looked at the caller ID making sure if it was really Takeomi's name, then she realized it wasn't her phone she was holding. It was Kakucho's. Y/n placed the phone back to her ear. "Akashi-san..?" She spoke carefully. "Why you do have Kaku's phone number?"

Just what in the hell was happening? First it was Haitani Rin and Haitani Ran, next it was Hajime Kokonoi and now Kakucho Hitto. What's next? Her parents? Her dog? Wait, no, she doesn't have a dog.

"Y/n, I forgot my phone-" Kakucho's voice got cut off when he saw her holding his phone. "What are you doing?"

He rushed to her side and snatched his phone away, he saw who was on the phone and immediately hung up. They stared at each other for a moment before Kakucho pocketed his phone and began to step towards the exit of the room, but Y/n held him by the wrist.

"Hey, Hey! You're not getting away that easily" She pulled him back into the room and she stood by the door. "How do you know him? How do you know Akashi-san?"

"Look, Y/n it's really not your business to know" He tried to walk past the girl but failed. "Come now Y/n I'm late"

"To what?" She replied fast.

Y/n ignored a lot of things in the past few weeks, she looked at things from different angles since she didn't want to jump to conclusions but now? She's curious, she wants to know, she needed to know. 

She knew something was odd about everything, ever since the incident in that abandoned market street.

The market street. The man getting shot. Meeting Rin and Ran. Takeomi being familiar with that street. Then the company CEO died because of getting shot. And now Kakucho has contact with Takeomi. Was everything connected like had suspected or was all of it a coincidence?

"Y/n please, let's not do this right now" He was starting to be impatient but so was she. "This is really important, I need to go"

And again he tried to walk past her. She pulled him back and threw him over her shoulder. "You're staying here and you're gonna tell me everything I want to know"

Kakucho knew that look in her eyes, she'll fight to get her way. He stood with a huff. He knows better than anyone not to fight Y/n, but to keep her out of danger Kakucho will. 

He really didn't want to hit her but he had to, so he can finally get in that damn meeting.

== Now isn't that interesting? ==