chapter 15

Finally, it was Friday, everyone's beloved day, the beginning of the weekend. It was the only day where Y/n can do her own errands for the whole day since she has no apprenticeship work or part-time schedule.

And so she decided to go out to do a bit of shopping. The mall wasn't crowded since most people are still at work during that time.

Honestly, she had no idea what to buy. She thought of going to the book store but stopped herself. It was weird how conscious she is with her money even though she had more than enough to buy a whole library.

Y/n stood in the middle of the street, she has no idea what else she wanted to buy. Fuck it, she's going to the book store after all. Meanwhile, two pairs of lilac eyes watched her every move.

The Haitani brothers were once again tasked by Mikey to keep a close eye on Y/n until they're sure she won't pry onto their business any further.

They sat on the outdoor seating of a coffee shop as they spied on the girl. The two were wearing something more casual than their usual fancy suit so they won't raise suspicion.

"So, where is she heading?" Ran asked his brother sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"The bookstore..." Rin replied as he hid behind a menu. "I think"

"Alright, follow her. And don't lose her" Ran said firmly.

Rin dropped the menu when Y/n was far enough. "This is ridiculous"

"Rin come on, get up" His older brother was basically dragging him.

"But I haven't gotten my free donut yet-!" He whined.

Ran sighed at his brother's childishness. "I'll buy you a dozen later, now hurry before we lose sight of her"

It would seem like Ran took being a spy too literally, he wore a face mask, a cap and black sunglasses when they entered the bookstore. Rin could only roll his eyes and sigh.

"You take that side while I take this side" Ran instructed while whispering. "Careful not to get seen"

He watched his brother walk away crouching; obviously hiding from someone. If anyone asks, No, Rindou does not know Ran. And with another sigh, Rin walked towards the other side of the book store.

After walking a few steps, Rin had spotted Y/n in the mystery-thriller genre. The younger Haitani stopped at a random section and decided to watch her from there. On his peripheral view, he can see Ran just a few bookshelves away.

Rin looked at his brother who was signing something to him, he mouthed a 'what' since he can't understand Ran's made-up sign language. Rin shook his head and mouthed 'You look stupid' to his brother before going back to watching Y/n.

To his surprise the girl was gone, he then frantically scanned the area then he looked back at where his brother was; Ran was also gone.

"What are you doing?" A sudden voice made him jump a little, he looked at who spoke. It was Y/n. "You're Rin, right? Are you looking for something?"

He quickly grabbed a random book and pretended to inspect it. "Nothing, I was just reading this" He explained while looking at her. "What's with that look for?"

She was smiling out of shock and amusement. "You're into that huh?" It was a tease.

He got confused and looked at what he was holding; it was a hardcore kink erotic novel. He almost dropped the book as he placed it back on the shelf. "No I'm not, it was uh, for my brother, yes, he forced me to do his errand"

"Sure..." She was trying not to burst out laughing, Rindou was so red with embarrassment. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone" Y/n was definitely going to tell someone, it was a definite blackmail material.

"What about you then?" He asked trying to change the subject. "What are you doing?"

"I think it's pretty obvious" She deadpanned. "Well anyway, I'm done here so bye"

"Wait-!" He called almost desperately, he didn't know why he did. "Where are you heading after this?"

Rin thought that the best way to keep a close eye on her was to be with her for the day. And so he was led into the decision of asking if he can tag along with her.

She on the other hand was about to go home since there was really nothing to do and it was quite boring to hang around the mall alone but now that Rindou had asked if he can come with her, it actually made her happy.

"Can you skate?" She was referring to ice-skating since there was a newly opened ice rink.

.

.

.

Rindou was glad he was wearing something else other than his suit since he's sure to rip his pants from the many times he had fallen. But Y/n was no different, she was basically grabbing the side rails for dear life.

Ran was watching from a distance as he sipped some boba tea, he was still wearing his ridiculous get-up. Whenever Rindou showed signs of falling to his ass, Ran would pull out his phone to take a short video and laugh.

She was also laughing at Rin despite her slipping as well, and when she does, he'd laugh at her too. They basically looked like newborn deers trying to learn to stand.

After so many failed attempts, the two were finally able to stand straight and now the next step was to move. Instead of sliding their feet, they stepped as if just walking on land, that worked; only for a short time though.

Now their dumb asses were stuck in the middle where they can slip and die. Y/n tried to move by running but failed miserably, she slipped and fell. But Rin caught her immediately, he hugged her torso tightly to help her stabilize.

"Dumb bitch, why did you think running was a good idea?" Rindou scolded her as she clung to his neck.

"It sounded great in my head okay?!" She retorted.

Rindou made sure to keep his arm out to catch her again if she falls as she regained her balance. There was a moment of stillness between them as he waited for her to finally find the center of her gravity.

"HA!" She cheered. "Now I can stand!"

It was such a minor achievement and a childish act but he can't help but cheer as well. They laughed at their little success. And instinctively they held each other's hand as they continued to stumble on the ice.

Now the ice rink was very open, so everyone who was just idly walking can see anyone inside. So basically everyone had witnessed the two and their many failed attempts and added to that was Y/n and Rindou's loud cheers of laughter and grunts when they fall, so anyone would really be forced to look and watch the commotion.

"They became the star of the show" Suddenly Kokonoi appeared beside Ran who had just finished his drink.

Ran looked at him and smiled. "Yeah, you should've seen the two earlier. It was so funny"

Kokonoi looked at him weirdly. "What in the hell are you wearing? You know people can tell it's you even if you wear that"

"Hey, If I weren't wearing this." He gestured to his disguise. "I'll be the one out there embarrassing myself" Ran explained referring to earlier when Y/n had almost seen him in the library.

"Well, honestly I wouldn't mind embarrassing myself." The Hajime Kokonoi said that, Ran was stunned. "I mean look at Rin, he looks like he's having the time of his life"

Ran glanced at his younger brother, Kokonoi was right. Rindou was actually laughing and looked like he was genuinely having fun. His gaze landed on Rin and Y/n's intertwined hands, then he looked at Y/n's smiling face. He imagined what if he was the one with her, what would it feel like?

== I have this irrational fear of being sliced with the blade of an ice skate shoes ==