chapter 9

It must've been the rainy season, it's been raining non-stop in the past week. And it's no different today, it was raining quite heavily but that didn't stop Y/n to buy some books in her local book store. 

It's funny how normal she's living despite being who she is in society. She hummed as she roamed each shelf of the whole bookstore.

"Are you really buying all that?" A voice spoke behind her.

She turned to see her friend Kakucho Hitto looking at her in disbelief. "Kaku, it's been a while" She smiled.

"What do you mean by it's been a while?" He asked as he helped her grab one book from the top shelf. "We saw each other last-last week"

Y/n grabbed the book from his hand. "Well for me it's been a while" She retorted. "You have no idea what my week was... Oh-! about your umbrella, I lost it"

"Eh, it's fine. It was cheap anyway" He shrugged.

"Well, still. I'm paying for it" Y/n continued to search for books to buy.

Kakucho knew she won't take no as an answer. "Just buy me a coffee then, I'll take it as payment"

"Alright, but you'll have to wait until I'm done here," She said not looking at him. "Oh, wait" She turned to him. "Did you mean to buy you a coffee today or another time..?"

"Today's fine" He informed. "I'm not doing anything anyways"

"Great!" She smiled and gave him all the books she was holding. "It's a date then"

"Wha-!" He was stunned. "You're really making me carry these?- fuck these are heavy..." He muttered before following behind her.

You can call them childhood friends of some sort. They met way back then when they were kids, Y/n's parents were the ones funding the orphanage that Kakucho stayed in. 

And often she'll play with him and another boy name Izana- but he's been long deceased. Despite not seeing or hanging out with each other every day, they stayed very close friends for the past years until now.

If you're wondering. No, Y/n does not know Kakucho is in a gang; back then or now. And Kakucho liked it that way, he doesn't want her to be involved in such things. Y/n also has no time to watch the news so she's completely oblivious to things like that, she doesn't even watch tv anymore.

For her entertainment, she reads books, play games, and watch anime in her free time. Most of the time she's working, attending meetings, and such. 

Despite not being an official member of her mother's company, she often attends gatherings as the heir to the company. And sometimes she also attends ceremonies that involve her father's work.

She's quite busy with her own life that she's oblivious to the news, heck, she doesn't even know what the weather forecast is. Good thing Kakucho is mostly there to save her ass. 

He'd text her asking where she is and if she had brought an umbrella with her. Basically, Kakucho is Y/n personal umbrella reminder and also a weather forecaster.

"By the way, where were you last Saturday?" He remembered that day was raining. "I texted you, you didn't reply"

"Oh, I think I don't have my phone at that time. You know I always reply to you" She replied. "And don't worry, I got a ride so I didn't get wet by the rain" She knew exactly what he wanted to know.

"Are we done yet? I'll seriously drop these if we walk to another shelf" He asked feeling the ache on his wrist from carrying too many books. "I think I'm getting a sprain"

She looked at him with a raised brow. "Don't be dramatic, holding books won't get you a sprain" She paused. "Now, dropping my books will."

He scoffed. "Yeah, right" Kakucho looked at her. "As if you can break my bones"

Y/n stopped. "Remember that time I had to take you to the E.R. cause I broke your fingers after you tried to steal nuggets from my happy meal?" She smiled at him teasingly.

"You won't do it again" He furrowed his brows. "You promised"

"Oh yeah?" She squinted her gaze. "Try me bitch"

"You're lucky I love you..." He whispered.

She smiled. "And I love you too"

All platonic love of course. Just clearing it up since some people won't process platonic love between non-blood-related people of the opposite sex.

Anyways.

Kakucho's wrist was thankful that its suffering is now over. The two then walked towards the nearest coffee shop. The coffee shop is located at the very top of a building, basically a penthouse coffee bar. 

They were treated as VIP and was led into a private space. Y/n paid no mind as to why they were treated as VIPs, she has no idea it was because Kakucho owned the building.

She looked around as they sat. "This place looks fancy" Y/n commented. "You sure I can afford the coffee here?"

"You have at least seven bank accounts" Kakucho deadpanned at her. "I'm sure you can even afford this building"

She in fact can, but she has no interest in the building so why should she?

"I only own one bank account; my own earnings" She corrected. "The others are basically my parents' money but the account is named to me."

"Still, doesn't change the fact that you can afford the coffee here. It won't even change a number in your account" He shrugged.

Y/n looked at him offended. "Hey, even if a coffee costs 50 yen I'm still going to think about it" She crossed her arms.

Kakucho sighed and rolled his eyes. "You sound like someone I know"

== We all know who that is ==