Retribution

A few days later, Eiji had yet to wake up and this was alarming Cassandra just as much as it had for Shorter and Yue, despite the fact she knew damn well that they were both fine after their long transitions. This along with the blood phenomena and the fact she felt the same primal urges she felt with her two lovers with Eiji made her believe he was another one of what she had offhandedly started calling her 'mates'; something that Yue found inexplicably sexy and Shorter found endearing.

She had come up with a set of criteria for potential mates with the help of the two she currently had; they had to find her blood delicious and addictive, they had to take way more time than usual in transition, they had to feel an odd sort of contentment with the whole 'join the male harem, we have a tall, broad shouldered, tan red headed goddess who is somehow cute and hot at the same time' idea (Shorter's words, not her's), and most importantly, they had to feel the 'pull'; which is what seems to cause their affections for her to be put through a speed run and has them falling for her faster than Romeo did for Juliet, as cliche as it sounded.

By the time they had done all of this, it was time for the second to last phase of what was now called 'Cassandra's quest to make things damn right' (Shorter was on a roll with the names.); making sure Golzine and all his associates suffered for what they did.

She had them all rounded up one by one, some taken from the scene of what would have been their deaths; but make no mistake, she was not saving them. She was taking them from much kinder fates to put them through a sort of hell no one could ever possibly imagine.

She took Golzine from the flames, healed Arthur from his fatal wounds at the knife fight (she finally got the bastard's name right.), replaced Eduardo Foxx with a compelled decoy in disguise her father had sent her who was guilty of lesser but still terrible crimes, Abraham Dawson met the same fate and she had her Uncle Elijah compile a list of names and addresses of all those who participated in what was done to those children and had them compelled to arrive at a warehouse far from where anyone would hear their screams.

When they had all been rounded up, she called the rest of her family and a few others who would be more than happy to erase such stains upon the earth.

Cassandra waited outside the warehouse as her Uncles Kol and Elijah, her parents, Auntie Rebekah and Davina, as well as Griffin, Yue and Shorter (Who all wanted a little bit of that sweet, cathartic feeling that came with putting your tormentors through an even worse hell than the one they put you through) kept guard over the prisoners, waiting for the others who wanted in on the action to begin the torment.

She smiled a devious grin as she saw a black suv pull up, her grin widing as she laid eyes on the man who first came out and his entourage.

The man led his people out of the vehicle and smiled wide when he saw her. He was tall, african american, and had a small amount of facial hair. His hair was cut short and he wore a red t-shirt with jeans.

"Marcelus, my dear brother! Glad you could make it.", she said, taking his hand into hers and pulling him into a tight hug.

"Wouldn't miss something like this for the world, Cassandra. Now, where are the bastards me and the guys are going to tear into?", he said as he pulled back from the embrace.

"There in the warehouse, we start as soon as you're ready."

She had always intended for Marcel to help her with this, given his upright moral standpoint on children. The minute he Mr. "We do not mess with kids" heard what exactly Ash and so many others had been put through, he was more than willing to come halfway across the country with some of his most trusted men to ensure that the swine suffered.