Baking Antics and Sleepovers

Cassandra blinked her eyes blearily, groaning as she stared up at Yue, who was reading his book once more with a peaceful smile on his face. When he heard her groan, the long haired vampire lowered his book and smiled down at her.

"Good morning, sleepy head.", he greeted softly. Cassandra groaned again in acknowledgement.

"How long was I out?", she asked. Yue chuckled.

"Getting right back to business, huh? You were out for about three hours. The chestnuts are peeled and Trey was even able to use the leftover ones to make a nice dinner and some cookies. We saved you some, by the way. They want to start cooking without you, since they don't want to wake you up and they want to get back to their dorm before it gets too late.", Yue said casually. Cassandra's eyes widened and she abruptly shot out of her boyfriend's lap, causing him to yelp at the sudden movement.

"Why didn't you wake me up?! This is horrible manners! We need to start now, and why didn't you wake me up when the sun went down?!", the redhead said, raising her arm to gesture to the open windows, showcasing the night sky that was most definitely not there when she fell asleep as she struggled to put her jacket back on. Yue laughed.

"You looked so peaceful, and not like you had a million things to do. It's been a while since I've seen you like that.", he said calmly, and Cassandra stopped running about and trying to find things with a sigh. Looking at Yue, she took off her leather jacket and sat it on the table.

"You hid the sword, right?", she asked quietly. Yue nodded.

"It's in your room.", was all he said. Cassandra nodded and went over to kiss him on the forehead.

"Thank you.", she whispered. Yue smiled up at her.

"Anytime, Wǒ de ài.", he whispered back, and the odd tribrid that had managed to capture his heart sprinted off towards the kitchen. With a small chuckle, he patted the head of the still sleeping Grim, who was seated beside him.

"You have such a strange master...", he whispered in a fond voice. Grim leaned into the touch and began to purr in his sleep, causing Yue's smile to widen.

—-------------------------------------------------

When Cassandra entered the kitchen, she was greeted with an extremely strange sight that had her blinking her eyes to see if she was seeing things right.

There were three Caters, all of which dressed in various uniforms (Potions, PE, and everyday), covered in flour, and they were singing along with the lyrics of 'Want U Back' by Cher Lloyd as it blasted through a bluetooth speaker on the dining table, all the while dancing like nobody was watching, but that wasn't the oddest part.

He had somehow, somehow, managed to drag Shorter, Eiji, Griffin, Skipper, Ace, Deuce (thankfully, she was not looking forward to coaxing him out of his room), and of all people, Ash into his makeshift dance party.

Ash didn't dance unless it was for a show at the Coven House, or it was with her or Eiji. He never danced otherwise, and anyone who tried to make him usually ended up with a broken jaw or a nasty bullet wound.

And yet here he was, screaming along with the lyrics like everyone else, not even bothering to sing in tune. He had an ear splitting grin on his face, as did everyone else, and their smiles seemed to be contagious, because soon enough Cassandra had one of her own as she nodded her head to the beat of the song.

Eventually, she was noticed by Cater (well, she thought it was Cater, since he was in the uniform she had last seen him in.), who ran over to her and took both her hands into his own, and dragged her into the heart of the kitchen. Once they were there, he began to twirl and spin her around dramatically.