Force of Nature

The sounds of 'Bring 'em out' by Hawk Nelson, as Cassandra had declared 90's rock was a must-have when getting ready for a formal event, resounded through the purple and dark blue colored bedroom through a matching bluetooth speaker on a mahogany desk. The owner of said room huffed in frustration as he tried to work around the cause of his annoyance's fidgeting.

"Hold still, Skipper!", Yue sternly told Skip, who was squinting in discomfort as the long haired man painted a spade on his face with black face makeup in the same place as Deuce's. The boy was seated on the edge of Yue's canopy bed, and the man in question was kneeling in front of him with a makeup palette and brush.

"I'm trying!", the dark skinned boy defended. Yue sighed, but didn't respond as he continued to apply makeup. After a few minutes, Skip had a spade mark, sparkly dark blue eyeshadow, a bit of lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner on without a smudge or imperfection in sight. Grinning, the minute the older vampire finished putting away his tools, Skip got up and sprinted out of the room with his hands in the air.

"Freedom!", he yelled out in glee. Yue rolled his eyes and walked over to his walk-in closet.

"Don't work up a sweat and smudge your makeup, because I'm not doing it for you again!", the pale skinned plant summoner yelled back, delving into the surprisingly large abyss that was his closet, trying to find something at least slightly Alice in Wonderland themed for the party he would be attending in a few hours. Meanwhile, in his bathroom, several young men and a single young woman were crowded around the sink mirror, trying to get ready as well.

"Move it, Deuce!", Ace yelled as he tried to catch a glimpse of his face in the mirror as he applied sparkly red eyeshadow the color of his hair. He had done it enough times that he could do it without a mirror, but he just wanted to be sure he wasn't smudging anything. Deuce growled when he felt his ginger friend bump into him roughly as the navy haired boy tried to apply his black eyeliner over his sparkly dark blue eye makeup.

"You move it!", he yelled back at him, before returning to his previous endeavor. Ash, who was leaning over both the shorter boys to get a better look at himself in the mirror, simply rolled his eyes at the two's antics and continued applying his red lip liner, careful to avoid the red heart mark on the corner of his right eye. He didn't know what he was going to wear, unlike the two bickering dormmates, who had their own correctly color coordinated formal event uniforms, so he was trying to keep his tones as neutral as possible. He didn't usually wear obvious makeup, that wasn't his thing, and he didn't use to wear any, but Cassandra had once said he would look amazing wearing eyeliner, and the next day he had bought a black eye pencil and used it everyday.

"Would both of you shut it? I swear if I get a stray mark because of you idiots I'm gonna beat your asses.", Eiji threatened in an angry voice, glaring at them from where he stood at the back of the bathroom, applying red lip gloss with the help of a round green pocket mirror. He had chosen burgundy as his makeup color, and had already painted a diamond mark of that color near the corner of his left eye. The sound of the usually calm and happy young vampire threatening violence was enough to get both Heartslabyul first years to silence themselves. The brunette then shook his head in exasperation and resumed his prior occupation. Trey, who was in front of the two bickering boys, looked back at him gratefully and then went back to applying his green eyeshadow.

Cassandra, meanwhile, was separate from the chaos happening around her, as everyone in the bathroom had made it a point to keep at least a foot of distance from her at all times. She painted a heart the same color as her hair onto the corner of her eye with extreme precision, careful to avoid her glittery carmine and gold eyeshadow, mascara, and black eyeliner. She rubbed her lips together, making sure her red lipstick was spread properly as she finished painting her face. She smiled, admiring her work, when she heard a knock at the open door. The golden eyed girl looked back at the door and saw a smiling Shorter leaning in the doorway.