The Beast Hunter and The Hunter of Love

The History of Magic lesson went by more quickly than expected. The history of the magical gem mines was very interesting and the worksheet wasn't all that difficult, even by Skip's standards. Cassandra and her Court had finished it in half the allotted time, with enough time to spare to finish their Potionology homework and the assigned writing homework for their current class. Cassandra and Ash had just finished helping Grim write his history homework when the bell rang and everyone except Professor Trein, The Court and Ace left the 'boring' class as quickly as possible.

After writing the last sentence for Grim's assignment, with a few edits recommended by Ash, Cassandra put her things away, save for today's history assignment and homework, before she made her way to the front, passing by all her Court to collect their assignments as well. Lucius must have decided he would make an excellent parka, because he had draped himself over the tribrid's shoulders and had banished Grim to sit on the edge of the desk half way through the lesson.

"Here.", Cassandra said as she held out her and her Court's, including Deuce's and Ace's two assignments. Professor Trein quickly took the assignments and flipped through the papers, steadily raising an eyebrow as he did so.

"This is today's assignment and homework. For all of you, even your familiar and the child. This should have taken at least two hours of research and another hour to write, and that's just the homework. How in Seven's name did you all do this so quickly and thoroughly?", the aging professor asked as he skimmed over Cassandra and the others' writing, looking out over the still seated students in confusion.

Cassandra shrugged.

"We just work fast."

'And we can write ten times faster than normal humans. Not to mention there's also the fact that three of us have IQ's of over 200, and I may or may not have done Deuce's and Ace's assignments for them so they wouldn't get an F for their first two grades in your class.'

Those two idiots had spent the entire class glaring at each other and whispering insults under their breath, completely forgetting about the assignment. Cassandra knew it wasn't good to do everything for them and not let them learn from their mistakes, but she refused to let her newest friend and soon-to-be Court member as well as her newest Court member get anything but A's. They had a yet-to-be made reputation to uphold, after all.

Professor Trein looked at her skeptically, "So it seems.", he drawled out in a manner not unlike her most fashionable professor's 'I'm onto you' voice. Nevertheless, Trein took one last glance at the papers before nodding at her in approval and changing the subject.

"I still find it hard to believe Lucious has warmed up to you so quickly. He only acts this way with my daughters, and even then it took him years to get fully used to them. Animals are said to be excellent judges of character, Mrs. Mikaelson, and my familiar is no exception. I expect great things from you."

With that final statement, Trein snapped his fingers, and Lucious jumped off Cassandra's shoulders to return to his master's side. The two of them then took their seats at the professor's desk, with Trein sitting in a rather large leather chair and Lucious perched on top of it. It was as if their conversation moments ago had never happened as the severe man started grading today's assignments, paying no mind to the loitering first years in his class. It seemed the strict professor was turning a blind eye.

'It seems everyone here has a problem staying consistent personality wise.', Cassandra thought exasperated. If people could anime sweat drop, she would be.

Bewildered after the odd interaction, the red head blinked, turned back to her Court and started to walk over to the desk to get her things. After she retrieved them, she looked over at Ace and Deuce, who were still so wrapped up in trying to insult each other and stomp on each other's feet under the desk, they hadn't noticed the classroom had emptied, or that they were being watched. Cassandra sighed, this was getting ridiculous.