He's a Trampola

"Woah, so this is mainstreet!", Grim said, flying out of Cassandra's arms and zipping around the statues.

"Yep, and these statues are the Great Seven. Here, they are major historical figures, but back home in my world, they're all characters in very famous stories. More accurately, they're the villains."

Grim blinked, "Your world? Villains? What's that mean?"

Cassandra frowned slightly, "I'm not from here, Grim. The others and I come from a place called earth. Earth is a lot like here, only our magic is hidden.", she said solemnly.

Grim blinked, "Huh? Why would you hide your magic? If you let everyone know you have it, it should help you gain respect!", Grim said indignantly.

The redhead sighed, "Here, yes, but back home people fear what they don't understand. Hundreds of years ago the people of my world held 'witch trials' that resulted in the deaths of countless innocent women and men via hangings and burnings because they were different. Most of them didn't even do magic, they just didn't fit into what people at the time considered 'respectable'. Imagine what would happen if people found out that magic is real in today's world. Some would take it well, but others would try to exploit and hurt us. That's why we hide, Grim. Because for the longest time it was the only way we could survive. We could come out now, but I don't think any of us want to deal with the consequences of that change.", she said with a sad look on her face, as Grim looked on concerned.

Ever since she could remember, the supernatural had been hunted in her world, which led to supernatural creatures lashing out and adding to their bad reputations. Her family was a prime example of this. Cassandra knew that if it came down to the humans vs. the supernatural, the supernatural would win, but that didn't mean she wanted that sort of conflict to happen in the first place.

Cassandra sighed, "Not to mention, I'm not exactly human, Grim."

Grim blinked, "What do you mean by that?"

Cassandra explained her tribrid status, as well as her Court's vampire status, which Grim reacted to surprisingly well.

"So, you're a part of the undead, can do magic, AND you're a werewolf? That's so cool! Can you turn into a bat?", asked.

Cassandra laughed, his innocent question bringing her out of her melancholy state, "Yes, but not because I'm a vampire. I'll show you later. Right now, I do believe I promised you a lesson on the Great Seven."

Cassandra walked Grim over to the statue of the Queen of Hearts, holding him in her arms once more.

"So, these statues are the Great Seven? They look really scary."

Cassandra nodded, "They could be scary when they wanted to, but some aren't as bad as they want people to think, key word: some. In fact, in those cases you might even consider these people the heroes."

Grim pointed to the Queen of Hearts statue, "This granny looks especially snobby, who is she?", he asked.

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?", an unknown voice asked.

The master-familiar pair turned and faced a red haired, red eyed boy with a red heart painted on the side of his face.

Cassandra shook her head, "I do, but he doesn't. It's why we're here. I'm teaching my familiar about the Great Seven."

Grim blinked, "Queen of Hearts? Who is she?", he asked, looking at the mysterious boy.

The boy grinned, "She was someone who valued rules and discipline above all, strict in all things from the march of the card soldiers to the color of the rose bushes. It was a land of madness where all submitted to her rule. Why, you ask? Because or else it was off with your head!"