The Cheshire Cat

Cassandra saw nothing but red as she stomped back to the mirror gate, a snarl on her face and fists balled at her sides. She could vaguely hear Ash yelling 'I don't care how, just get there!' into his phone. It seemed he had been the one to call Kalim. Growling aloud, the furious spitfire began to run scenario after scenario of the duel to come in her head, trying to come up with methods to quickly incapacitate the cause of her rage with no small amount of dark glee. While she was contemplating whether or not it was ethical to knock the stubborn little shit she was forced to call a schoolmate out with an aneurysm, Eiji came up to walk beside her and took one of her clenched hands in his own. Looking at him in anger, Cassandra scowled as the asian man grasped her hand tightly and kept her from walking forward. Releasing her hand and grabbing her shoulders, Eiji looked her in the eyes

"Anata, calm down. Remember what Klaus always says? 'Homicidal vendettas get you nowhere unless you're actually intending to follow through with them.'", he berated with a stern look. Cassandra growled.

"And to that I always say 'it's not homicide if he's still twitching when I leave.'", she grumbled in protest, but Eiji didn't buy it and gently moved his hands down to her forearms and then to her hands in an attempt to ground her.

"Cass I know this is frustrating for you, but we're going to figure this out. We've got your back, remember? Vows of undying loyalty don't just vanish into thin air, after all.", the brunette reminded softly, a small smile gracing his lips at the last part, and his girlfriend took a deep breath, her rage disappearing. Eiji was right. She was overreacting and let her rage get the better of her. She needed to do her research and look at things with a clear head. Sighing, Cassandra spoke.

"You're right, Ei-chan.", she whispered, before much to the shock of Trey, cupping Eiji's cheek lightly and giving him a gentle kiss on the lips.

"Thank you for keeping me grounded.", she whispered to him lowly, and the brown eyed man smiled softly, a light blush dusting his cheeks he let her break away and turn to face the others.

"We need to- GAH!", the young woman started, only to cut herself off before she could get more than three words out with a scream of startlement. Cassandra wasn't one to be startled easily, but when one sees a fucking floating smile, a scream of shock is usually warranted.

A bubbly laugh filled the air, and the smile began to move in time with it. Soon enough, a pair of golden eyes appeared, then a pair of fluffy purple cat ears, and finally, the whole body of a boy appeared in a shimmer of gold dust. He was floating, with his hands behind his head and his face leaned dangerously close to Cassandra's. Everyone looked shocked at the boy's sudden appearance, and Ash looked like he was about to reach for his recently repaired gun before thinking better of it. There were too many witnesses and too few places to hide the body.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Night Raven College's most infamous student? I must say, you certainly made quite the impression! People are talking about you all the way back at Royal Sword Academy.", the boy said, rolling his 'r's in such a way it sounded like he was purring. Cassandra glared at him and raised an unamused eyebrow.

"Who the bloody hell are you and what do you want?", she asked bluntly, not in the mood for anyone's shit, let alone that of a purple haired furry. Said furry hovered away from her face, straightening his body as he laughed nervously and waved his hands in front of him.

"Now now, no need to get prickly! I was just stopping by to say hi to some friends of mine when I saw you and decided to meet you. I saw your video earlier, and some of my friends from school seemed to be worried about you, so I promised them I would check on you next time I visited campus. Good to see you're alright, by the way.", the boy with warm, mischievous golden eyes so similar to her own said sincerely. Cassandra became less tense and gave him an apologetic look.