How?

I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks, this convention tour has been one of the best. We have had so much fun with the fans and as always I've had nothing but laughs with my boys.
I'm pretty excited for today, Jensen will be singing and I love his voice. He is so talented and I have always encouraged him to pursue his music. We are all kid free this weekend so we decided to go for a drink afterwards to celebrate.

We are half way through our panel, fans have been asking incredible questions and as always the boys have been the source of entertainment. I'm just in the middle of answering a question when I see my manager at the side of the stage, calling me over. I finish my answer and excuse myself from the stage.

"Miranda. What's up?"
"I just got a call from your mum, the twins have been in a accident and are at the hospital. We need to get you back home now"
My mind goes blank....my babies are in the hospital and I'm not with them. I feel myself panicking. Miranda is talking but I don't hear a word she says. I can't function right now.

Jensen POV

I see Katie walk off the stage and I make sure I keep an eye on her. I see them talking and I notice Katie start to get upset.
"Guys, just give me a minute okay"
Jared nods and I run of the stage, I walk over to Miranda.
"What's going on?"
Katie is breathing heavily, it's look like a panic attack.
"Lizzie and Daniel have been in accident. They are at the hospital"
"Oh god"

I turn to Katie and place my hands on her shoulders. She looks up at me, tears streaming down her face. I place her hand on my heart, I look her in the eye.
"Katie, breathe okay. Match my heartbeat. Come on princess you can do this"
She nods and I see her slowly starting to calm down.
"Jen there hurt.......what if?"
"No. Don't go there. Come on let's go. It's an hour away. I'll drive"
"You can't you have the panel"
"I don't care. Come on"
I pull her out with me to the car and text Jared to let him know what's going on.
We drive straight to the hospital, Katie's knee bouncing and her biting her finger nails the entire way.

When we pull up, I barley have the car stopped when she jumps out. We run to the reception.
"I'm here for Elizabeth and Daniel Richard's, I'm there mum"
"Okay. Room 427. Just down there"
"Thank you"
We run to the room and Katie sees her mum outside.
"Mum?"
"Sweetie!" She wraps Katie in a hug and kisses her cheek.
"Where are they?"
"They are in there. There okay. Daniel has a broken arm and Lizzie just has some cuts and bruises okay. Danny jumped over her to save her"
"He did?"
"He did. Baby girl he is a hero"
"Mum what happened?"

"Peter was drinking. They did a test on him when they bought him in"
I hated Katie's EX so much, how could he do that and put his kids at risk.
"He did what? Where is he? I'm going to kill him"
I hold her back "hey Katie no. Go and see your kids okay"
She nods and walks in the room.
"Where is he Sandra?"
"Jensen you can't"
"I just want to talk to him"
She nods and tells me where he is. I walk to the room, trying to keep myself calm. As I push open the door, I see him sat up in bed, laughing with a nurse.

He looks over at me and his smile falls. The nurse walks out and he stays silent.
"Having fun?"
"It's not what you think man"
"No. So you weren't drink driving, you didn't crash and nearly kill your kids and you weren't just laughing and flirting with a nurse while your kids lay in a hospital bed because of you. Then please tell me what was it?"
He looks down and sighs "I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean for them...."
"You didn't mean it? Are you joking? You were drunk. You should have never been behind the damn wheel."
"I know okay. Is Katie here I want to talk to her?"
"No. That's not happening. This is how it's going to go. Your going to leave here and your never going to contact them again. All you've done is cause her and those kids heartache and pain. Well it's done. Your not wanted. So you stay away. Otherwise I'll make sure your in that bed permanently got it"
At this point I was in his face and I was so close to just smacking him one. But I didn't, he nodded and I walked out.

I calmed myself and walked to the shop, grabbing flowers and a pretty wicked car I know Danny would love. I also pick up a teddy for Lizzie.
I've been in these kids lives from the very beginning and I love them so much. Seeing them hurt breaks my heart.
As I walk into the room, Katie is sat on a chair between the beds and holding there hands.
"Hey guys"
They look over and smile "Uncle Jensen" I walk over and give Lizzie a hug and hand her flowers and the teddy.
"Thank you uncle Jensen" she kisses my cheek.
"No problem Princess"
I then walk to Danny and hand him the car.
"Thanks Uncle J"
"No problem man"
I then hand some flowers to Katie she look up at me and smiles.
"What are they for?"
"Just cuz"
She gets up and hugs me tight, I hug her back and smile.
"Thank you Jensen. For everything"

As I pull away I can't help but feel something, something I haven't felt in a long time. I've known Katie for 13 years and she is an amazing woman. I shake it off and sit down next to Sandra. I pull a red rose from behind my back and give it to her. She smiles and kisses my cheek.
"You are such a sweetheart Mr Ackles"
I smile and wrap my arm around her shoulder. We all sit and chat and I see Katie instantly calming before my eyes. She looks over at me and I wink at her which makes her smile even more.
What am I going to do?