One step at a time

Katie POV

After an emotional evening, Jensen and I end our night wrapped in each other. It felt so good to have him back by my side. I'd missed him so much and I felt better now everything had been spoken about. All we had to do now was tell our kids.

I wake up with the sun streaming through the window. As I look up Jensen is smiling down at me.
"Good morning"
"Good morning, have you been watching me sleep?"
"Maybe"
I laugh "weirdo"
He rolls me on my back and hovers above me,
"I missed you so much"
He kisses my nose and I smile "I missed you too"

He leans in to kiss me but before our lips meet my phone rings. He sighs and rolls back to his side of the bed. I reach over and see it's my mum.
"Hey mum"
"Hey sweetie. I just wanted to see how it went"
I smiled over at Jensen "it went well momma"
She squeals "oh I'm so glad. When are you going to tell the kids?"
"This weekend I think. J has JJ and the twins so we will probably tell them all together"
"I'm so excited"
"Alright mum, calm down"

"I'm sorry. But I'm just so happy for you hunny"
"I know momma. I love you and I'll see you soon okay"
"Take your time. Love you bumble bee"
I smile and hang up, Jensen sits up and kisses my shoulder.
"Everything okay?"
"Yeah. She is just excited"
He laughs "oh god! She was so crazed when you got pregnant with the twins, she is going to be like that again isn't she?"
"Probably worse!"
"Worse?"
"Well she actually likes you so....."
"Oh god" he lays back down and I can't help the giggle that falls from my lips. I staddle his lap and he looks up at me.
"Whatcha doing?"

I lean in close and place gentle kisses over his face and lips.
"Momma said to take my time, so I thought maybe we could.........take our time"
"I like the way you think Katie Richard's"
I squeak as he spins me around and lays me down on my back. He smiles down at me and I can't help but smile back.
"I love you"
"I love you too"

We spend another 2 hours in bed, before finally showering and getting ready for the day. I text my mum that I'm going to pick the kids up soon and asked if she would like to join us for lunch. She of course said yes.
Jensen drives us over and the kids are at the door waiting. When they see Jensen they run over.
"Uncle J!!"
The kids run to him and he picks them up in a huge bear hug. They have missed him so much.

"Are you and mummy back together now?"
Lizzie asked
"Yes princess we are okay"
She nods and hugs him tight.
"So who's hungry?"
Everyone cheers, mum hugs Jensen and then me and we all head out to our favourite cafe for some family time.

As we leave the cafe, a blonde woman walks straight up to me. At first I don't recognise her but then I see her tattoo.
"Billie? Why are here?"
"Peter sent me. He wanted me to give you this"
She held a letter out offering it to me.
"I don't want that"
"Just take it Katie. It's the least you can do"
"Excuse me? The least I can do. Your brother nearly killed our kids in a car crash because he was drunk and then he stabbed me because he couldn't get his own way. I don't owe him anything"

Jensen was by my side the minute he heard me raise voice.
"Katie everything okay?"
"Who's this? The next guy? I'd watch out if I was you, she will wreck your life completely"
"And who they fuck are you?"
Jensen placed his hand on the small of my back to calm me down.
"This is Peters sister Billie" my voice slightly shook and he could see I was upset.
"Well Billie I think you need to leave"
"Just take the letter Katie"
"No"

She tried to get closer but Jen stood in front of me in a protective stance.
"Back off now, before I call the police"
"Fine"
She walked off and J turned to me, he cupped my cheeks and could see the tears about to fall. He pulled me into a hug and softly assured me she was gone and she couldn't hurt me.

"Why now? What's his problem?"
"I don't know baby, but we will sort this out okay"
I nod and he wraps his arms around me and we walk back to the car, the kids and my mum oblivious to what had just happened. But I got In I shook the feeling away and plastered a smile on my face. I didn't need Peter upsetting my kids anymore then he already has. I just hoped that Billie would leave me alone.