What happens now?

Jensen POV

It's been 2 weeks since me and Katie have kissed. She has been avoiding me, even when we have been on stage together, she has been sticking to jared's side. I desperately want to talk with her and find out how she feels. Today is our last comic con in Texas and then we are back filming in a few weeks for season 14. I have to talk to her before we are back on set otherwise it's just going to be awkward.

I'm walking down the stairs to the main room, scrolling through my phone when I bump into someone. She takes a stumble back and I grab her arm.
"Shit, I'm sorry"
I look up and see Katie looking at me, she smiles and tucks her hair behind her ear.
"No problem J"
She goes to walk around me, but I catch her arm.
"Katie we need to talk"
She sighs "why Jensen?"
"Because we kissed"
"I know okay and it was great but I was an emotional mess "
"So that's all it was?"
"I guess"
"Fine. Let's forget it ever happened"
I see her face drop, she looks almost upset with what I've said.
"Okay" and she walks away.

"Damn it!" I don't want to forget it but if she doesn't think it was anything more then an emotional moment then I can't push it. I walk out to the green room and see Jared and Katie talking.
"Hey"
Jared looks over and smiles, he comes to hug me "hey dude. All good?"
I look at Katie and she avoids my eye contact.
"Yeah all good"
I grab myself a coffee and decide to walk to the side of the stage so I'm ready to go on.
I don't know what I'm going to do. I may have just lost my bestfriend.

Katie POV

God why am I so stupid! I didn't want to forget the kiss, I enjoyed the kiss and I wanted to do it again so why did I just make it out like it was a mistake. I'm such an idiot.
Jensen said he wants to forget it ever happened but I don't think I can and I'm scared that I've just lost my bestfriend.

I walk with Jared and we head on over to the stage where Jensen is waiting. I see a girl talking to him, her hand on his arm and there laughing. She is flirting with him and he is enjoying it. Jared clears his throat and Jensen turns around. I try to keep the hurt from my face but I know I'm not doing a very good job.
Normally we do a group hug before we get introduced but today I just don't feel like it. So when they announce our names I walk on stage leaving Jensen and Jared behind.

After the panel, I pretty much rush out of there as quickly as possible. I don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to get home and have a soak In the bath. Jared comes running after me.
"Hey where you rushing off too?"
"Home. I'm tired and not feeling great"
"Kate is everything okay?"
"Fine. I'm just not feeling great. I'll see you soon okay" I kiss his cheek and get into the car and drive away. I just want to be away from all
Of this right now. I call my mum and ask her to bring the kids home, I just want to hug them and spend some time with them.

Jensen POV

Jared and I decided to go out for a drink to celebrate a successful convention tour, it felt weird not having Katie with us but she rushed out before I could talk to her. She seemed hurt to see me talking to another woman but she was the one who said the kiss was a mistake so I don't understand.

I've just walked in the door when my phone rings, I look and see it's Katie.
"Hey Kate, I'm glad you called"
"Uncle J"
"Danny?"
"Uncle J, mummy's in the hospital"
"What? What happened?"
"Daddy came and got angry"
"Okay mate im coming ok. Just stay there and I'll be there soon"
I rush out and drive to the hospital, luckily I haven't drank too much. As I get there I see Sandra sat with the kids.
"Sandra? What happened?"
She hugs me tight and cries softly "Peter, he showed up drunk and high on god knows what, Katie told me to take the kids to the bedroom and lock the door. I heard shouting and screaming and then I just heard a bang and when I checked Katie was on the floor. I don't know what he did Jensen. My little girl" she cries more and I hold her tightly.

Once Sandra has calmed down I go and talk with the kids. Danny is being a brave boy but Lizzie is in pieces. I give them both a hug and reassure them that there mum is going to be okay. I text Jared and tell him, he made his way to the hospital as quickly as he could.

We've been sat around for hours, no one has given us any updates. Jared agreed to take the twins home with him and I promised to update him as soon as I could. Sandra had fallen asleep in the chair and I had wrapped my coat around her.
A doctor comes out and asks for Katie's family, I gently wake Sandra and we walk over.

"Hi, I'm doctor David's. I've been treating Katie. She was stabbed, just below her rib cage. She is lucky it didn't hit any vital organs. She is in recovery now, we have stopped the bleeding and she is going to be okay. She has some cuts and bruises , looks like he hit her a few times before stabbing her. But she will be okay"

I shake the doctors hand and he takes us to see Katie. When we walk in, she is lay in the hospital bed looking so pale and fragile. Sandra walks over and kisses her head and squeezes her hand.
"I'm here baby girl"
I sit down in the chair next to her bed and take her other hand. I kiss the back of it and rub my thumb over her skin.
"You love her don't you?" Sandra asks me.
"What? No. I.....don't.....I"
"It's okay Jensen, she loves you too. She is just too stubborn to admit it. I'm going to get a coffee would you like one?"
"Please"

When Sandra walks out, I sit closer to Katie.
"Hey Katie, come on you have to wake up, because I need you. The kids need you and so does your mum but me, I can't function without you so please wake up"
I sit back and finally allow some tears to fall. If I had just stopped being so stubborn and told her how I felt then she wouldn't have rushed home and this wouldn't have happened.

I feel her fingers twitch under my hand, I shoot up.
"Katie?"
"Hmmmm" she slowly opens her eyes and I smile seeing those beautiful brown eyes looking back at me.