1 month later

Kate POV

It's been a month since the stabbing and I'm doing better. My nightmares haven't completely gone away but there not as frequent as they were in the beginning. My wound is healing nicely, it still aches from time to time but it's getting there. I'm definitely going to be left with a scar.
Peters trial starts in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it, he was already in trouble for drinking and driving and now with this on top. I just hope he gets put away for a long time so he can't hurt us anymore.

Me and Jensen. Well, that night he stayed with me and held me close was the first time in a long time I felt safe. We had woken the next morning, had breakfast and had our usual banter but that was it. The kids came home and nothing else was said. We were starting filming on set in a few days and I was nervous. I like him, I like him a lot but I don't know how he really feels. Sharing a few kisses and sweet moments doesn't really tell me much.

Today was Saturday, all the kids were at Gen and Jareds for a pool party, the men where all in charge. While Gen and Dee came to mine to help with the twins birthday. They were turning 7 in a month and I needed some ideas of what to do.
Jensen, Jared and misha all agreed to have the kids so we could plan in private and in peace. Mishas wife Vicky couldn't make it, she is sick so Misha took the kids to Jared so she could have some peace.

We are sat around the coffee table, paper everywhere trying to come up with a good theme for the party. Having a boy and a girl doesn't make it easy to do a party. We had already polished off a bottle of wine and now we were starting a second one.
"God! This is so stressful. This is more stressful then my wedding was"
Me and Dee laugh "calm down Gen. It's okay. Have more wine"
Dee pours more wine in her glass and she takes a big swig.
"Much better"

After about 2 hours we are pretty much done with the planning. Everything looks good.
"So Kate. What's going on with you and Jensen?"
Gen asks while wiggling her eyebrows at me.
"Nothing is going on"
"Come on. He told Jared you two have kissed"
"He did?"
She nods her head. "So has he asked you out on a date?"
"No. We kissed a month ago and nothing since. I don't know what he is thinking"
"We'll ask him out"
"What no. I can't do that"
"Yes you can. Take control. If you like him, ask him out"

I take a huge gulp of wine and sit back. Maybe there right, maybe I need to take action. Or maybe it's the 2 bottles of wine talking.
"Come on. Let's go" Dee pulls me up and marches me out the door.
"What are you doing?"
"We are going to Gen and Jareds house and your going to ask Jensen out"
I shake my head "Nope. No. No way. We can't drive anyway"
"That's why I text Clint"
I look up and see Clint in my drive way.

Jensen POV

"You haven't asked her out on a date yet?"
"No man. I'm scared she is going to say no"
"Dude she kissed you back okay. She won't say no"
"But what if......" before I can finish my sentence a very drunk, Kate, Gen and Dee walk in.
"Hello Boys!"
We all laugh. "Hello ladies. Have fun?"
"Lots and lots"
"Jen can we talk?"
I nod and she pulls me away to the side of the garden.
"You okay?"
"Yeah. Just need to say something. We'll ask something. But I'm nervous......if you say no then I could have ruined everything. If you say yes then it could still be bad so I don't know what to do"

"Your rambling. Just ask"
"Okay. Jensen. Ackles. Will you go on a date with me?
Wow. I look to the floor and shake my head.
"Oh....you don't......never mind.....let's just forget it" she goes to walk off and I grab her hand and pull he to me. I kiss her, soft and sweet but filled with passion.
"I'm not saying no" I say as I pull back "I just wanted to be the one to ask you"
"You wanted to ask me out on a date?"
"Yeah. I just didn't know how"
We laugh and she sighs "well if it helps I would definitely say yes"
"That does help. And just so you know my answer would also be yes. As long as I can plan it"
"Deal"

She leans up on her tip toes and kisses me again, this time a little more rougher. Her hands are in my hair and my hands wrap around her waist. Our tongues battling for dominance. We pull away breathless and I lean my forehead on hers.
All of sudden we hear whooping and shouting. We look over and see Gen, Jared, Misha and Dee all screaming and cheering for us.
We laugh and Kate hides her face on my chest. I pull her in for a hug and kiss her head.
This is going to be fun.