Hurting

Jensen POV

I wake up and feel a pounding in my skull. God how much did I drink last night. I don't even remember coming home. I finally decide to open my eyes, the sun is so bright and it takes me a while to adjust. I go to sit up but feel a heavy weight on my stomach. Oh god! What did I do?
As I look down, I see a sleeping Kate on my stomach, her hair is over her face slightly but she still looks beautiful.

I can't help but smile, then I start to realise I'm not in my bed, I'm in Kate's. Oh god! Please tell me we didn't sleep together. I take a peak under the covers and we are both dressed. Thank god.
We must have come back here and passed out.
Not that I remember any of it. I slightly nudge Kate to get her to wake up.
"Kate? Kate? Wake up"
She groans and snuggles closer into my stomach, it gives me a weird feeling.
"Come on. Your crushing me"
She opens one eye and frowns at me "cheeky bastard"

She lifts her head and looks around.
"How did we get here and why are you in my bed?"
"I have no idea"
"Oh god! My head!"
There is a knock at the door and Sandra walks in.
"Good morning sleepy heads"
"Momma not so loud please"
She laughs "come on breakfast is waiting"
We get up and head down stairs. Danny and Lizzie are sat at the breakfast table eating.
"Morning mum, morning uncle J"
"Morning Danny"
"Morning Baby"
Lizzie seems quiet, she normally runs to me and hugs me but she is just staring at her plate.

I walk over and hug her "morning princess"
She shrugs me off and walks to her bedroom. I look over at Kate "what's going on?"
"I don't know. Mum?"
"I don't know sweetie she woke up like it. She hasn't said much all morning"
"I'll go talk to her"
"I'd leave it honey, let her come to you"
Kate nods and grabs some coffee for both of us.
"So momma" I say "what happened last night?"
Sandra laughs "you called to say you were coming home, both of you completely wasted by the way and then you fell asleep in your bed. You went up to use the bathroom and I didn't see you again. So I checked on you and you'd passed out"
I start laughing and Kate just groans "we are too old for all this you know"
"I know"

"Well Jared called this morning and asked if we wanted to go over for a pool party this afternoon?"
"Sounds good"
"Yeah I'm picking the kids up from Dees at 12pm so I can meet you there"
"Okay. Why don't you ask Dee to come?"
"I'll see if she is busy"
We finish our coffees and breakfast and I make a move to head home and clean myself up before getting the kids. I say my goodbyes and grab a cab. I'm in no fit state to drive.

Kate POV

Once Jensen has left, I go upstairs to shower and pack up things for Jareds house. I knock on Lizzies door and she quietly says come in.
"Hey baby girl. We are going to uncle Jareds for a pool party if that's okay?"
She nods and carries on listening to her music.
"Baby what's wrong?"
"Nothing mum. I'll pack up my swim stuff"
"Okay"
I head back down stairs. I don't know what's wrong but something is and the fact she won't talk to me is making me extra nervous.

Before I know it, it's time to head to Jareds and Gens. We all get in the car and head off.
When we get there I see Jensens car, the kids run in and I follow slowly behind. Still feeling the after effects of my hangover.
When I get to the door, Gen comes over and hugs me.
"Hey"
"Hey. How are you?"
I just shake my head and she laughs "Jensen told us about your drinking fun last night"
I groan "don't. We are way to old now for all of that"
She starts laughing "did anything else happen with you and Jensen?"
"No. Why?"
"Cuz you two are perfect for each other"
"Don't start Gen" Gen has been determined to set me and Jensen up since the day he split from Dee. She thinks we are soulmates.

"Come on, you can't tell me you don't like him"
"Yes I like him. As a friend. My bestfriend. We've been over this Gen"
"Well I think you'd be perfect together"
"Me too" I turn around and Dee is stood behind us. I laugh and wrap my arms around her.
"Dee! It's been too long"
"I know. I missed you guys"
"We missed you too"
"But seriously you and Jensen perfectly matched"
"Don't you start. Your his ex how can you be trying to push me with him?"
"Just because me and him didn't work doesn't mean I don't want him to be happy and you could make him happy Kate"
"No. Now please change the subject"

They laugh "want a drink?"
"Coke please. No alcohol"
"Got it"
We head on out to the pool and I see Jared and Jensen by the grill. The kids are splashing in the pool and everyone is happy. I love these days, they make me smile so much.
I look over and see Jensen, he is laughing and he is shirtless and I have to admit he looks good. Really good. When he laughs his abs contract and he just looks.....Woah! What am I doing? No don't go there!
I don't realise Jensen has caught me looking, I feel my self blush as he smiles and winks at me. I look over and Gen and Dee are laughing.
"What are you laughing at?"
"You might wanna wipe the drool!"
"Funny" I throw a cushion from the chair at them and we all laugh some more.

Jared and Jensen bring over the cooked food and we all watch the kids play. This is a perfect way to spend a Sunday.