Trial

2 weeks later

Today is the day. Peters trial. I'm so scared to have to face him again. I've been doing better, but I still have nightmares and I still get scared easily. Having Jensen by my side has been so amazing. He has always been there for me but having him there for me as more then a friend just completely calms me. All he has to do is hold my hand or kiss my forehead and I feel safe.
The kids are at school today so my mum has agreed to take them and pick them up. I don't want them around this.

I'm stood in front of my mirror, I'm wearing a black jumpsuit and blazer. My hair is pulled up out of my face and I have minimal make up on. I grab my bag and shoes and make my way downstairs, as I get to the kitchen I see Jensen stood there in a black suit.
"What are you doing here?"
He turns around and smiles at me "you didn't really think I was going to let you do this alone right?"
I walk over to him and pull him into a passionate kiss. He cups my cheeks and he holds me close.

"Thank you" I whisper when I pull away.
"Your welcome. I'm always here for you okay?"
I nod and he holds me close, my head resting on his chest.
"Come on let's get this over with"
We make it out of the house and Jensen offers to drive.

We pull up to the courthouse, I can feel my breathing getting heavier. Jensen looks over at me and takes my hand.
"Hey, breath baby."
I shake my head "Jensen I can't do this"
"Yes you can. Your the strongest woman I know. We are going to go in there and make him pay for what he did okay. For you and the kids"
I nod and take a deep breath.
"I'm right here okay. I'm not going anywhere"

We sit down and wait for the case to begin. I'm shaking, Jensen wraps his arms around me
And holds me close.

Jensen POV

We sit here and listen to all the evidence, Peter isn't fighting the charges. He understands what he has done and is taking any punishment he needs. Katie is barley hanging on, she is clutching to me. I feel her shaking, I just want this to be over for her.

We here the lawyer state that Peter wanted to make a closing statement. As he stands, I feel Katie straighten up and look at him.

'I'm not going to stand here and bullshit you. I'm guilty of everything that has been told here today. What I am here to do is to say I'm sorry." He looks directly at Katie. "Katie, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such an ass. I've made your life miserable. The only good thing I ever did was help you make our kids. You raised them and nurtured them. Your an incredible mother and an incredible woman. I'm not going to sit here and say sorry for the crash or for what I did to you. I think that would be extremely ridiculous of me. I have a lot of things I need to work through and work on and I promise you I will get better.
I'm sorry"

He sits back down and Katie wiped away some more tears. After a little while, the jury comes out and find him guilty. He is sentenced and taken away. Katie for the first time breaths a sigh of relief. We walk out of that court room and head home. She instantly relaxes and I'm just so happy that this part of her nightmare is finally over.