Chapter Three

Chapter Three

______________

"How many?" The blonde hostess flirtily asked. I bit my lip and shook my head, was this really happening right now?

I watched Alex raise his hand and indicate the number while also speaking aloud, "Five."

"Right this way boys." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and strutted away.

Alex followed after her, his hands in his pockets. Before he got too far though he looked of his shoulder and smirked at the rest of us. Harry and Justin laughed and shoved each other as they followed them.

Syd linked her arm with mine and gave me a smile, "I don't know about you, but I'd rather sit over there with them." She pointed to table in the far left corner. The table was filled with guys in baseball uniforms, they couldn't have been more than twenty 21, but you see, we were 17.

"College guys are the cutest." She sighed in adoration and I laughed.

"Well go on." I gestured to the group, "go get them numbers girl."

"I can't go alone!" She nearly shrieked, "besides, I have to have a witness." I groaned, I so didn't want to go over there.

"Lucy." Justin called, waving us over. I waved acknowledging his motion, my eyes briefly meeting Alex's confused stare before I bit my lip and nodded.

"Fine." I sighed, "Let's mingle with the frat boys."

"Luc, you're the best!" She squealed and tugged me over to their table. Sydney instantly lit up and dropped my arm, giving them her signature smile. "Hey guys, I'm Sydney and this is my friend Lucy. Mind if we join?"

All the guys looked us up and down in a way that could make anyone uncomfortable before they smiled and made room.

"So, what brings you beautiful girls to the middle of no where?" A guy with a backwards cap asked from across the table. He had brown hair, blue eyes and tanned skin, he was also muscular and insanely gorgeous. They all were.

"We're on our way to California." Syd smiled flipping her hair.

They all seemed impressed and pressed for more questions. I sat there trying to be the best wigman I could, which consisted of saying nothing and laughing at all her jokes. A while later, after I was done picking at my food, Syd finally asked what we were there to get.

"Shoot," She sighed taking out her phone, "it's getting late, we should probably get going." She shot me a look and I agreed.

"Is that the time?" I faked surprise.

Syd bit back a smile and delicately pouted, "We're leaving now. Sorry guys."

"Don't go." Riley, the backward cap guy, pleaded.

"I wish we didn't have too." Sydney told them but began to stand up, "But you could give us your numbers and we could call you when we head back this way, we probably will have more time to hang." She winked at a few of the guys.

I had to give it to her, she could be a total flirt when she wanted to be.

The guys nodded and she passed her phone around and gave them a grin. We were getting up, preparing to leave with a mission accomplished when they stopped us.

"Wait." Riley spoke, causing us to turn in confusion. My heart hammered in chest, please be nothing bad, please. I pleaded internally. "We didn't get Lucy's digits."

"You want my number?" I was stunned, I literally did nothing. I sat there and contributed nothing to the conversation, why would anyone want my number.