Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

______________

As we loaded the car back up after our eventful night camping, I could feel Alex's stare on me. I hadn't talked to him at all and I was pretty proud of myself.

"Are we stopping somewhere soon?" Syd asked.

"Yeah." Alex shook his head, a smirk playing at the corner of his lips as he pulled out a baseball cap from his bag and slipped it over his hair. "At the baseball game in two hours."

Sydney's mouth dropped in surprise but quickly closed it and pressed her lips into a firm line to show her annoyance. Harry and Justin whooped and picked up the pace as the shoved everything back into the van.

Once we were at the game, Syd seemed to enjoy herself, even if she just kept watching the guys in the stands the whole time.

I laughed when we sat down and Sydney was next to one of the hotter guys I've seen here, just her luck.

"You wanna come get something with me?" I asked her. It was at least thirty minutes until the game started and I really wanted a hat. And food.

"Not now." She hissed and turned back to chatting with the guy on her left. I sighed and climbed out of the seats and made my way up the stairs to the food and souvenir stands. I saw Alex, Justin and Harry in line and I darted the other way. I found a nice stand that wasn't too far away from our seats but far enough that I was confident that I wouldn't run into the guys.

I picked out the hat I wanted and I made my way to the food kiosk. I got a hamburger and a drink before I went back to our seats. The boys were all sitting down a chair so I had to sit at the end, next to Alex.

I sighed and adjusted my hat on my head as I looked out into the field where the players were warming up. I felt eyes staring at me and had to chant to myself not to look at him. I was trying to ignore him.

"Cotton candy!" A tender screamed from an aisle over, my head snapped into his direction, which is where I saw the mouthwatering goodness. I pouted a little when I remembered I didn't have cash and I was going to have to miss the opportunity of the amazing sugar. Why did I leave my cash in my bag?

I meet Alex's gaze for half a second before I looked away with the shake of my head. I was distracted and I looked at him. Why did I do that? Jeez.

"Cotton Candy!" The guy screeched at the bottom of our row. Great, he was going to rub it in my face. "Sugary deliciousness." He taunted.

The guy stopped at our seats and smiled, "$3.00" He spoke taking down a bag handing it to the guy next to me, Alex.

I broke the silent treatment with Alex, I had too. "Soo..." I trailed off, eyeing the bag in his hand. "You going to eat all that?"

"Actually." His voice was low, controled, "I bought it for you."

"What?" I asked, "Are you kidding? Please tell me you're not kidding. Alex." I smiled, I couldn't contain my excitement.

He smirked, "I am kidding. I love cotton candy just as much, if not more than you do."

"Impossible." I snorted as I rolled my eyes, "I would have bought ten bags if I had the money."

"See I saved all winter for this moment." He laughed.

"Dude." Justin leaned over, concern and amazement on his face, "You okay?"

I sent a glare at Justin and by the look on Justin's face, Alex was giving him one too. I'm going to kill Justin, he ruined a moment when Alex was just being himself.