Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

_________________

 "You're not mad, are you?" Sydney asked while we made our way to the car.

"No." I answered after a moment of silence. I stared at the boys in front of us. Two of them goofing off like little kids and the other had his hands in his pockets. His back was tense as he opened the car door but he met my eyes before he climbed in.

Shaking my head I turned back to Syd, "No, I'm not mad. Not at you." I offered her a smile before I crawled into the back of the van. It was dark out and I just wanted to sleep.

I leaned my head against the window as I closed my eyes. I shouldn't sleep in the car, not while Alex is driving. I sighed as my eyes refused to open, my body relaxed at the thought of sleep. I guess I trusted Alex with my life more than I thought.

"Fuck you." Sydney screamed and I heard the slap of skin. My eyes fluttered open and I was shocked to see that we were still in the car, the sunrise beginning on the horizon. "Where the fuck are we?" She screamed again, hitting Alex on the arm repeatedly.

"Fuck off." He growled sleepily while roughing up his hair in a messy, well messier. He started the car and began driving all the while Sydney had woken everyone up as she screamed at Alex.

"We could have died! We could have been robbed, murdered or raped." She hit Alex again.

"Sydney." I groaned, "Stop hitting him, his driving."

"He let us sleep in the car, unprotected." She turned to glare at me.

Alex rolled his eyes, "I locked the doors."

"Like that would do anything." She laughed humorlessly.

Shaking my head I leaned back in my seat, I didn't want this to be the tone of the day. I thought about waking up yesterday morning, I'd been so content, almost happy. I felt a smile make it's way across my lips at the thought. I blushed as I opened my eyes to find Alex giving me a weird look through the mirror.

"Wanna play?" Justin laughed, his voice groggy and full of sleep. In his hands he began shuffling the cards.

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I've got nothing else to do."

We played for two hours before Harry finally woke up and wanted to play with us. We switched to phase 10 and I lost. Twice.

It was around lunch time when I dropped my cards and announced that I quit, for the time being. I pulled out my sketchbook and began drawing my favorite past time, Alex. Well it was supposed to be Andy, it was always supposed to be Andy but it never turned out that way.

For lunch we drove through the drive thru of a fast food place, which was an adventure in of itself.

"What do you guys want?" He asked as we waited in line. Harry and Justin rattled off a long list of things but Sydney was the one was talking the loudest. I smirked as I looked up from my book, Alex was scowling as he shook his head.

Everyone talking at once was funny and the look on Alex's face was priceless.

"What can I get for you today?" The cashier asked, everyone was still rattling of everything they wanted. Alex leaned out of the car so the girl on the headset could hear what he wanted.

"Two burgers, no pickles extra mayo with tomatoes in slices not dices." Justin spoke louder, "With a large coke and a small fry."

I smiled as the chaos that surrounded me got out of hand. There was a gigantic list on the screen and we'd been there for almost five minutes, which is a long time for a drive thru.